Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Identify this part

Go down 
+2
connordanny
Rockn93YJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 3:28 pm

Identify this part Eaac1e48
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Oh...Thats a National 4374
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:38 pm

it says 4734 or 4784 Razz , looks like a pinion seal, scratch l but not on a 9"?????
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ne14jpn
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
ne14jpn

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:58 pm

pinion seal or unit bearing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/millerrockracing
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:07 pm

it is my pinion seal and bearing on the 9" high pinion rear. Yes the 1310 companion flange yoke you see there is in bad shape. It seems to have wore down on the seal side a good bit. I drove the jeep to hagerstown in the bad weather yesterday. Did some work and went back out to make a few stops at lunch. I drove around the parking lot and heard a new sound. Made a few laps around the parking lot and figured it was coming from the rear end. About that time the rear seized up and the rear tires stopped spinning and I slid to a stop on the snow. I got under the jeep to find the third member high pinion in the rear very hot, instantly melt snow hot. I know I put 3 quarts in there like was recommended for a 9" rear. I had a friend give me a ride home 40 miles to pick up the excursion and trailer and went back to hagerstown and picked up the jeep. I was able to back up and then it would move forward a few feet and I slowly worked it onto the trailer. I took it apart today to find the pinion is seized up on the bearing and seal. I cannot remove the pinion. Time for a rebuild already, new bearings, seals and a new ring and pinion. By the way I thought the axle tubes were supposed to have seals in them to keep the fluid out of the axle tubes? Otherwise when you turn corners the fluid will run low right?
Identify this part Eaac1e49
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Mudslinger's 9 didnt have seals there either. We actually took pictures and I spoke to a tech at Currie. He had told me that the only seal is the one at the wheel side of the tube...I stated the same thing as you.. What happens when you have the jeep on a 45 and all the fluid go's down the tube?????????
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:52 pm

I replaced the gasket on the third member to fix a leak and only put 3 quarts in. That is what I was told it needed but I think it probably needed much more than that. Next time I think I will fill the thing until it comes back out the hole.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 pm

thats sucks. so it was a 9". i heard that eric had issues with his hi9 under filled too, and there was a big thing on pirate too about people under filling, so your not alone.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

The 9" definitely takes more than 3 quarts (I've filled mine often enough to know). Probably closer to 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Identify this part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identify this part   Identify this part Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identify this part
Page 1 of 1