Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

cool knuckles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: cool knuckles   cool knuckles Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:08 pm

At first when I saw this I thought it was a waste. Why would anybody put a lot of money into a 30. but the more I read about them and the more I thought about how much a 44 cost. Its a pretty good idea. the Reid knuckle replaces the stock knuckle and allows you to to run d44 outters. So you get rid of the weak unit bearing, weak outer shafts, and the weak knuckles. now you are still left with the 760x joint, but that is the same size as a 44. And you're still left the inner shaft. Some poeple say that a stock inner 30 shaft is stronger than a stock inner 44 shaft, because the 44 shafts neck down on the long side. The down side is the ring gear. it is possible to to send the ring gear out to get cryo-treated and that would make it alittle better. This might be a idea for some that are looking at getting a dana 44. Also for those with rubicons this will make your 44 a real 44
cool knuckles DANA30JEEP3-big
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool knuckles   cool knuckles Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:17 pm

but you still have the small R/P
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: r   cool knuckles Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:33 pm

so that knuckle will work on a rubi 44 setup? Chris Lloyd was asking me what it would take for a high steer.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool knuckles   cool knuckles Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:43 pm

A polished turd is still a turd.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool knuckles   cool knuckles Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Some people already have lockers, and have already regeared in their 30s so why rebuy that stuff just for the marginal upgrade that the 44 will give. Like I said I thought is was stupid at first. yes it will work for the rubi 44. All I am saying it is a good option for some people to upgrade if their not going bigger than 37s. but if their going bigger that 37s than the 44 is a turd too.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool knuckles   cool knuckles Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:42 am

Yup anything over a 37-38 (depending on the tire) will make the 44 a turd to but only when it comes to the U-joints. I would say your right about the investment side of it. If you have a ARB in a 30 that is geared and already in the rig its cheaper for someone that doesn't have the means to swap in a 44. I would be all over this if I had a Rubicon or Rubicon axles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cool knuckles Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool knuckles   cool knuckles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cool knuckles
Page 1 of 1