Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

All Bread Jeep Show

Go down 
+10
makitupthehardway
UPNOVER
rockdw72
jealos-z
tom85
The Devil Dog
md4wheelin
Allium
mdcj7
Scott Ray
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 am

If I spoke out of turn, I am sorry. But tis is one of those things that heats me up. I've worked hard to get us recognized, to validate our club and to make sure that we all have things in common. I accept the fact that not everyone can work it out to attend, I understand that. I have been missing in action from the trail since November and I know that has affected to outcome of the club to some degree, or atleast I think so.

And yes, we suffer an attrition every year due to organization and communication problems, but I can't manage it all, I want to think I can, but the reality is I need people as commited as I to make this a success. I know I can always count on several members to take the charge; Paul Troutner, Bill Gilbert, Nester, Greg Knoll, Matt Elick, Chris LLoyd, Veronica and Patty, Gill Lavallee, Chris Taylor, Paul Sobwick to mention a few, thank you for your services thus far. Here is what I need and to make this club organized.

Committed people; and not to the asilum, hahahaha

Club Officers

Tico Carreras…President…443-865-0504…ticocarreras@marylandrockraiders4x4club.com
[Vacant]…Vice-President
[Vacant]…Treasurer /Secretary

Board of Directors
Name / Position / E-mail / telephone

Tico Carreras……Web Master/Chairman for the ADA Fundraiser
[Vacant]…Director of Events/Socials/ and meetings…
[Vacant]…Director of Land Use and conservation…
[Vacant]…Director of Newsletter/historical files
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:51 am

Sent you a pm Tico
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 am

I will support the club in any way I can. Distance often a killer for me since most meetings that arent a trail ride are held on weekdays. I will continue to do my best to make it to the meetings and events.

Idea, I would think that since many of us like to eat after wheeling a good idea would be to have short meetings quarterly after the trails on a saturday or sunday and if nothing else just talk about general thoughts and ideas. As a personaly practice of mine I tend to try to check in with everyone in the mornings (that I know) to make sure they have what they need and are in a group that they like and are comfortable with. I try to find them at the end of the day if I didn't ride with them to make sure all went well. I wish I was a better story teller, then I would be more into recording the days events and reporting back to everyone for people to see what kinda trails we ride and what is to be seen by club members and friends. When there is enough of us I like to keep our friends and members in our own groups. At times not easy due to the difference in the rigs that we all have. It normally works out good when people plan and everyone has a buddy or small group they are with before we head up. I have seen Paul T. and Gill adopt many of the newbies over the last year where Nick, Rob and other with larger rigs take on the brave and the bold to ride the hard trails. I do think that we have a good system in place we just need to keep at it and not loose faith or give up on the club.

Tico I wouldn't stress the whole members bit. You have many that choose not to be a pay member but wish to still stay in contact and help. They are still worth there weight in gold because what we need right know it people to help support and work with us. Paid members will come with time with our good image in the public eye. I really do love this club and some of the best times in the last 4 years have been with this club. I have only really become this active and interested in MRR's operations in the last year. So with that in mind most of the members we have are only in there first year or two. How does the saying go " Rome wasn't built in a week" I'm willing to help in anyway I can.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Well, said and you can communicate, you just don't do it enough. The story telling is a cummitive of all the events , if everyone write their views, experiance an excitement, the story is self writen and later enjyed by all. I am terrible at jokes, keep forgetting the punch lines. but I have had my moments now and then.

When you consider where we began, out of the original 7, there is only me and occassionally my friend Clarke, who doesn't like structure. The rest have mmoved on and are doing other things now. Like the crews before you, we have had our share of people come and go. but the core of the membership is still strong and running about 30+, with in between asbest times now and then, vehicle repairs, changes in life styes, or worst health reasons. I was happy to see our Randy at the PA Jeep Show and in good health, he has been missing in action a while. I like to be kept informed when members are sick or a special event occures, we are after all a brotherhood and to me that is equal to a family. I never had brothers or sisters close by, snd still don't so you all are part of my extended family.

Getting together after a wheeling event used to be such a good thing to do before, but with everyone running back just after the run we have lost that moment of sharing dinner and breakfast. I miss that in fact.

Our club runs are set for the second weekend of the month unless specified on meetUp difrently. Meet up has changed a lot of their systems and now offer a forum type chat room, much like this one. It is not getting used to much. It is also our recruiting site, and I think does us well.

Meetings after the run, I am all for it. I like them short and to the point. so let's keep that in mind. Structure is needed, like building a house, the foundation is there, now let's put it all together guys and gals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:10 am

I feel where everyone is coming from on this. I wish I could put just that much more time in to it. But my life has spiraled pretty quick since I came home from Iraq. I love to wheel just as much as the next guy. I agree with the meeting up and breaking off into groups in which are your skill level or choice. I will be the first to say I am still wet behind the ears when it comes to trail knowledge. I think part of the issue is communication, but not all of it. I agree with everyone who said one man can't do it all. I wish I knew more so I could help Tico plan events or whatever. I will be more involved once my son is born. Which is what this club was built on family and brotherhood. Everything does have to be wheelin. I know there have been cook outs that have been on here that I wish I could go to it just could not get over the wierd feeling of not knowing many people. I also must say that I am really hopingthat we can all come together on this.
Back to top Go down
04jeepkj
Open/Open
Open/Open
04jeepkj

Male
Number of posts : 15
Emploi : U.S. NAVY
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 am

If i could i would def be around to help out the club. Depending on where i get stationed after Iraq i would love to help. I think everyone needs to put their differences aside and come together for what we really are here for, the passion and love of this great recreation. To pass along to others the true values we hold in responsible offroading.

I know i might not be a member but i just wanted to add that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Bread Jeep Show   All Bread Jeep Show - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Bread Jeep Show
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2