Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

My rants about Smittybilt

Go down 
+5
Rockn93YJ
Allium
RatLabGuy
rockdw72
natedogg_66
9 posters
AuthorMessage
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

My rants about Smittybilt Empty
PostSubject: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I have some venting to do. I ordered a bumper from 4WD back in Feb. Iwas told it would be about two weeks. I waited patiently like any good kid would do. Three weeks go by no bumper. So I called they said Smittybilt sent them info saying it would be june. Ok I can be patient again. Then June rolls around still no bumper. So again I call and they told me August. Ok I can live with that. I mean my wife and I are expecting our son soon. I decided to give 4WD a call the other day. They said that now the date is FALL 08. Ok enough is enough. So I give Smittybilt a call and the customer service chick there, who I must say was pretty I care nothing at all of your problems. Like answering the phone was disturbing her day. I asked her what the company was doing to comp. the customers for the inconvience of this. She tells me nothing, because they have not recieved the product from the manufacturer. She also said that 4WD should have never sold the bumper to me. I was really confused on how a company could be so big that the customers who pay the bills don't matter. If anyone could help me with my issue in anyway possible that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Tell 4wd you want your money back and go with a different bumper. If you order another bumper from 4wd they would probably give you a discount for you troubles, but you have to ask for it. I have never been a fan of smittybilt product quality. I have never had a problem with 4wd, they normally have pretty good customer service. hope everything works out.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:38 pm

I agree with you on that. My biggest issue is that I got this bumper at half of what they are going for now.
Back to top Go down
RatLabGuy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:42 pm

natedogg_66 wrote:
I was really confused on how a company could be so big that the customers who pay the bills don't matter.

Cough, cough, Microsoft, cough, cough...

That is pretty much like any big company.

natedogg_66 wrote:
I agree with you on that. My biggest issue is that I got this bumper at half of what they are going for now.

I don't think I'd say you actually HAVE the bumper...
is 4WD still honoring the old price?

How did you pay for it? Credit? If so, I'd call up 4WD and explain that you want your money back ASAP - if they balk at all remind them that eating a re-charge from MasterCard is not free to them and you will be filin ga claim by the end of the day.
If you call your CC company, and explain that the goods were never delivered, they will give you the money back and open an "investigation" into 4WD. thsi is very bad for 4WD and their credit rating/standing with Visa/Mastercard.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:34 pm

I used my bank card. 4WD is being very good to me. Except they are willing to help me replace the product with something else at a very slight discount. All I want is a front bumper that is it. Is it too much to ask from a company
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Always pay with plastic. You have already called and attempted a fix. Now call the credit card company and file a dispute. Dont bother calling 4wd. They will yank the money from 4wd and that will get their attention. They dont want to piss off the credit card company too much. Works with any product, Ive done it a couple times to wake places up.
Back to top Go down
RatLabGuy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:06 pm

natedogg_66 wrote:
I used my bank card. 4WD is being very good to me. Except they are willing to help me replace the product with something else at a very slight discount. All I want is a front bumper that is it. Is it too much to ask from a company

Bank card is also backed by Visa or MasterCard, so you do still have that option.

W/ the fab skills of the folks around here, if 4WD has something that is close, I'm sure you could "finish it off" the way you'd like.
I'm still working on getting steup in my garage, but once I am, I could help out w/ soem welding, grinding, etc...
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Problem is its not 4WD that is giving me the problem now. It is Smittybilt. They started advertising the product for sale before they had any to ship out. Now they are saying it is 4WD that has the problem because they sold a nonexsisting product to me and some other people. I have been staring at the 4WD site trying to figure out what to get instead of to bumper. I understand calling the cc company, but who knows. I really like a seat cover they sell but it is a smittybilt product.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Problem is its not 4WD that is giving me the problem now. It is Smittybilt. They started advertising the product for sale before they had any to ship out. Now they are saying it is 4WD that has the problem because they sold a nonexsisting product to me and some other people. I have been staring at the 4WD site trying to figure out what to get instead of to bumper. I understand calling the cc company, but who knows. I really like a seat cover they sell but it is a smittybilt product.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:55 pm

My own personal experience with smittybuilt has been poor. I bought a rear bumper, double tube style, from them several years ago that was delivered with a busted end cap. they said I should not have accepted delivery and also said I had to return the entire bumper for a replacement. I was dumbfounded that they would ship that heavy ass bumper around instead of just sending me the $1 end cap. The bumper lasted about a year and rusted out pretty bad so I cut it up into small pieces and reused some parts of it for "something else". I also had a pair of nerf bars for a dodge ram that were smittybuilt and they rusted out after a year as well. I personally would not ever buy smittybuilt products again. Just my .02
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:49 pm

I would spend the money on a skid for your oil pan or gas tank before I started getting in to bumpers. If your still in the market for bumpers I would try calling one of the local fab guys like Zach at A to Z. he might have a nice idea for something simple, light weight and stronger. If nothing else just wait it out. They will get your bumper one of these days.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:16 pm

SPP 4x4 also has some cool bumpers and they are strong
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:34 pm

jealos-z wrote:
SPP 4x4 also has some cool bumpers and they are strong

X2 7
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:17 pm

what is the website????
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Cassidy Dustom Creations has some good stuff and he is local.

http://www.cassidyscustom.com/

He is in Forest Hill and did me right with a stinger for my existing bumper. Great guy to deal with.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:20 pm

thanx I shot him an email and I am waiting to here from him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My rants about Smittybilt   My rants about Smittybilt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My rants about Smittybilt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free At Last :: Non 4x4 discussions-
Jump to: