Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jd92yj
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-02

yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!! Empty
PostSubject: yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!   yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:52 pm

hey guys i tore apart my 92 yj to redo the clutch i went to autozone and they gave me a clutch kit and everything in the kit looked exactley like the old clutch except the pilot bearing in the crank was to small for the input shaft to go through and to big to slide in the crank. so i took it back went to another parts house and got a zoom clutch and the same thing happend , everything the same except the pilot bearing . i know if this is common one of you guys had to run into this problem and by the way the jeep is a 4.0 with an ax 15
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!   yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:17 pm

92 would have the internal slave. They may be selling you the parts for a 94 and up AX15 which have the external slave. I have done both but I can't recall the pilot bearing. I know that for mine I only had to change the throw out bearing, install the new clutch fork, resurface the flywheel and put the clutch and pressure plate together. Everything normally goes smooth. Did you keep all your old stuff to compare the new and old?
Back to top Go down
jd92yj
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!   yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:36 am

yes i kept everything and my 92 has a hydraulic throwout bearing that sits on the input shaft no clutch fork
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!   yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:50 pm

I told your father but just to keep the this on the tech side it looks like the P.O. put a TJ ax15 in your jeep which has a larger pilot shaft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!   yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yj replacement clutch pilot bearing problem???? help!!!
Page 1 of 1