Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

antifreeze out of overflow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

antifreeze out of overflow Empty
PostSubject: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:39 pm

I had the xj running while I set air pressure in trailer and jeep tires. All of the sudden antifreeze starting pouring out. I turned it off looked under neath and it appears to be coming from overflow bottle. Bottle is at the top and is green as can be. i went to start it again and it wouldnt start. Just a slow crank. i checked the idiot gauge and it still shows 210. Motor didnt smell like it was very hot but I didnt put my hands on it either. It had been running for about 10 minutes.

I really didnt check much being its after 8pm and I was supposed to be at Rausch in the morning.........5

Ideas? Waterpump?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 pm

77,000 miles........cant believe the pump has gone up..

Dont know why I even question it anymore.. Its a jeep thing.....

Time for a waterpump, radiator and thermostat...........Im not going to waste time with any of it..

Is the taurus fan option really worth the time and effort?????????
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:32 pm

I wouldn't bother with changing the fan for something electrical that can fail. I know two people that did the swap and loved it till the got in to some water or something would short out.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Damn that sucks. I guess it is better to happen off the trail then in the deepest part of the trail.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:47 pm

UPNOVER wrote:
77,000 miles........cant believe the pump has gone up..

Dont know why I even question it anymore.. Its a jeep thing.....

Time for a waterpump, radiator and thermostat...........Im not going to waste time with any of it..

Is the taurus fan option really worth the time and effort?????????

i've never heard of anyone complaining after they have done it.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:58 pm

ok so why am I confused about this? is the water pump failing because of the fan attached to it?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:23 pm

No, the taurus fan is an option that alot of guys run.

After closer inspection.. And not and angry inspection. It appears is might only be a thermostat. I pulled the cap today and it was full. I started the engine and it immediately started pushing the antifreeze out the radiator cap. It appears the thermostat is stuck.

I will check it out Wednesday when I have more time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: antifreeze out of overflow   antifreeze out of overflow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

antifreeze out of overflow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4x4 Tech :: OFFROAD TECH-
Jump to: