Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?

Go down 
+3
CamoK5
makitupthehardway
RatLabGuy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RatLabGuy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Empty
PostSubject: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 am

I'm working on installing an E-locker from a late 90s truck into my 80's 4Runner. I can handle most of the mods needed to the 80s axle housing (welding, grinding) in order for the e-locker 3rd member to fit. Unfortunately I don't have a drill press or a good way to drill and tap the holes needed for new studs.
This should be a pretty simple task to any shop familiar w/ this swap (litterally just involves drillingtapping threads in the casing. Any local guys up to the task? I live between Churchville and Aberdeen, Bel Air is just a spit away.

Oh, and I need a v6 Toyota rear axle housing if anybody's got one (only need housing, no axles drums or anything)....
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:57 am

i would try Toyotatech.com or the pirate4x4.com
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
CamoK5

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:16 pm

There are two machine shops I can think of. I have used Kunkel's in BelAir for turning flywheels and pressing bearings on axles.

The Kunkel Service Co

331 Baltimore Pike
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410) 879-1053
(410) 452-8434

Harford Machine Shop Incorporated

1500 S Philadelphia Blvd
Aberdeen, MD 21001
(410) 575-7333
(410) 272-8474
Back to top Go down
RatLabGuy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Thanks.
I was kind of hoping for a 4x4/fab shop that might already be familiar w/ this retrofit, or at least accustomed to working on axles etc... and maybe be able to locate the axle for me too.

I COULD use my current axle, but that's alot more work since, well, once I take it off thetruck, I won't have any way to get it to the shop, lol... I'm not really seeing it fit in the back of my Mazda
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 am

I have no experience with these people but people on here have had good dealings with them, and there are local to you. http://www.powersrockandrally.com/portal/portal/default/Contact

There are very few GOOD 4wheel shops in this area. There is a place in Perry hall called Perry hall power equipment. I have heard he is pretty knowledgeable.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
92redyj
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 12
Emploi : Web Developer
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Give Jason a try at Powers Rock and Rally he did an incredible job wiring up my buggy and has great attention to detail.

Appalachian Offroad is a hike for most of you guys it is out in Westminster. Ive driven there at least 1x a week this year so far but the drive is worth it for the quality of work and service. Mike at Appalachian gets THE best pricing on gears and lockers and such from Randys R&P and can get great deals on rubicon express and other lift kits etc as well.
Back to top Go down
el_flasko
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
el_flasko

Male
Number of posts : 53
Emploi : Resident Mortgage Guy
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:32 am

92redyj wrote:
Give Jason a try at Powers Rock and Rally he did an incredible job wiring up my buggy and has great attention to detail.

Appalachian Offroad is a hike for most of you guys it is out in Westminster. Ive driven there at least 1x a week this year so far but the drive is worth it for the quality of work and service. Mike at Appalachian gets THE best pricing on gears and lockers and such from Randys R&P and can get great deals on rubicon express and other lift kits etc as well.

BIG x2 for both guys listed here. I have had nothing but great results from both places Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GotMud?
Open/Open
Open/Open
GotMud?

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 pm

Never had any work don there but have talked to them a cupple of times and thy seem to know there sh@t and its close.Stop in and check them out http://www.ecoh4x4.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?   Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop referral for machine work in bel air or aberdeen?
Page 1 of 1