Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male
Number of posts : 120
Emploi : CNC Machinist
Registration date : 2008-08-13

ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Empty
PostSubject: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:28 pm

hey im getting a real annoying squiking noise in the front when i starter up. then it willl fade out. after a while.

i replaced a wheel in the motor wasnt it. put a new distrubuter cap on. new alternater well that was cracked. i have a feeling its the distrubuter caps rod in it what yall think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clark687
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:20 pm

the easiest way to detect a noise is to open the hood and start it up and go ot the engine and listen. A stethoscope will help or a wooden dowel held up to your ear. There are lots of things that can squeek in the engine departemnt. Is your belt adjusted correctly?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm

the tensoner pulley us usually the cause.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:07 pm

its a jeep, live with it.
Back to top Go down
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male
Number of posts : 120
Emploi : CNC Machinist
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:35 pm

ooo i have lived with havin the noise just making shoe noth sious could appen like be in pa and the squakyy nise deiceds to be grinding fireyy noise
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clark687
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:01 am

so why not replace the belt and keep the old one as a spare?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:06 am

just fixed the same type of noise on a 4cyl tj for a friend two weeks ago. it was the fixed bearring on the pass. side of the block. you can press out the bearing and purchase it for $11 and press it back in, or buy the whole unit for $30. when I say press i did it with a hammer and large socket. to find out which bearring is making the noise hit them with wd40 one at a time and see if the noise queits down. if it does you have found the bad bearring. by the you really need to check your typing. I used to think i had the worst, but your starting to make me look like a teacher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE   ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOYING SQUEAKING NOISE
Page 1 of 1