Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

CJ with wiring woes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crazyjimmy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
crazyjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 66
Emploi : United States Navy Retired
Registration date : 2007-03-28

CJ with wiring woes Empty
PostSubject: CJ with wiring woes   CJ with wiring woes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:12 pm

I have a CJ with a steady drain on the power. The wiring is 95% Stock.

I have a 2.27 amp drain on the battery with all the fuses and relays pulled. I have completely disconnected the Alternator and the heater and Spedo cluster. I have disconnected the tank wires at the tank and the wires on the trans. (net. start and back up).

I have identified that the main red wire going into the Wiring block at the firewall is the 'offending' wire. I am unsure what else it could be.

I really hate to disconnect the square block from the fire wall on the back of the fuse panel. I have heard this is a nightmare once removed.

Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: CJ with wiring woes   CJ with wiring woes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:46 pm

I have taken mine apart before had to remove it to get the clutch petal off. just tow bolts than it come apart. maybe you have some crud shorting out between the tow block pieces.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: CJ with wiring woes   CJ with wiring woes Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:54 pm

didn't see starter in there as disconnected... check the lugs on them? What about bad solenoid?

On my motorcycle it was a bad voltage regulator. I know you said you disconnected the alternator, and I am not sure on CJ engines, but my 78 LTD had a separate voltage regulator that was also prone to failure.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CJ with wiring woes   CJ with wiring woes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CJ with wiring woes
Page 1 of 1