Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.

Go down 
+5
chefdab
mdcj7
Rockn93YJ
ffhill61
md4wheelin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Empty
PostSubject: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:35 pm

All right people I have been working on an idea that would help out all the people who four wheel and need to work on their rigs themselves but do not have the room or right tools to do the job correctly. This Idea is still in the early stages i.e. with all the legality, and insurance issues but I plan to have this up and running in the next few months for those getting their rigs together for the spring. Right now I have access to rent a large warehouse in the Baltimore area. What I want to do with it is make it a place were people can store their jeeps, trailers or related parts and give them an area they can work on their rigs and not have to worry about their environment. In other words, a local spot for wrenching parties all the time. Also I want to take the work space Idea a little further in the way that people would be able to share or rent specialty tools i.e. welders, torches, tube benders ect. This way the common person would have access to all the tools an offroad shop would have. Like I said a lot of this is still in the planning stages so I don’t have too much of an idea of cost and stuff like that but I wanted to throw the Idea out to you all to see what type of response I would get to this idea. But I do know this, the more people who would be interested in this idea the cheaper it would be do to the fact of being able to disburse the cost of insurance, rent, electric ect. across more people. So if you’re interested in this or have ideas to further expand this concept, let me know.
Back to top Go down
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male
Number of posts : 37
Emploi : Firefighter
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:09 pm

I love the idea. I am new to off-roading and working on my Jeep. Most of the things I work on I can figure out on my own (help from the internet, chilton, haynes and factory manuals). But it would be cool to have other guys in the same garage to ask some questions. It also gets a little cold lying on cardboard in my garage. Hope to hear more soon.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:33 pm

I love the idea as well and wouldn't mind investing in that. In the military we had a garage with a lot of bays and it was completely loaded with all the tools you could want. Also had knowledgeable people on staff to help when needed. It was a great asset to have on the military post since we couldn't work on vehicles in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Sound like a great idea Joe. How much space are you looking at I would love to have a place to keep the trailer and rig but funds are limited. How about security of the place I would hate to set up a gold mine for some one. Keep me in touch with this but I don't think that I can afford it. If nothing else I have a picker and an engine stand that I store up in York could be left there for others to use.
Back to top Go down
chefdab
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Are you talking about a rent a bay garage where you charge $x per hour for someone to use a bay with use of most hand tools included or is this just for friends and club members to share? I think you could make a profitable business out of this. Since I got the Jeep, I've wished there was a rent a bay type garage around here somewhere. I can only do so much work in the parking lot of my townhouse before the HOA has a fit. I'd definitely be interested in something like this. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:12 pm

chefdad you pretty much have hit the nail on the head. I work out rates for hours, weeks, months ect. This would be a facilty for the fourwheel comunity not just the club. As for bays I was looking at something more as an open area for those who are in the rental tool section which would be in a different area from the ones who just need space or are storeing stuff. As for security, that is stuff i'm working that out. Probly cameras and some sort of staff working the facility would take care of that. As for being affordable, this is also something that is high on the priority list. I want it so everyone can afford to use the place.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Love the idea!

We could have done the 8.8 out of the rain.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Cool idea Joe. Wish I wasn't so far away or I would get in with you since my little one car doesn't have lots of room. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:07 am

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Rent-a-Garage
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 am

http://hickamservices.com/auto-shop.asp
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Joe,

Awesome idea... I was thinking of doing something similar with a 3 bay garage they had around the corner from me (old service station)...

But no play money so it was just a pipe dream...

I love the concept and if I can help in any way let me know.

Tony
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 am

Joe, this is by far one of your better decission for a project beneficial to the off road community and the club members alike. Great Idea and you have my full support. If I can help just say what you need. This is an idea that was well over due. My best to Mandy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.   new concept for the do it yourself jeepers. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new concept for the do it yourself jeepers.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free At Last :: General 4x4 discussion-
Jump to: