Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

CB Recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male
Number of posts : 37
Emploi : Firefighter
Registration date : 2008-07-10

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:53 pm

I need to add a CB to my Jeep and was wondering what you guys might recommend (brand, antenna mount, ETC.). Any other related info will be helpful thanks.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:11 am

I bought a cobra from radio shack fairly cheap.. One thing is to make sure your antenna is tune able..
Back to top Go down
chefdab
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-07

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:19 pm

A very popular option is the Cobra 75wsxt. It is an all in one handset. The only thing that needs to be mounted is a small (about 2 inches square) box that can be put up under the dash. The microphone and antenna plug into the box and you're good to go. Also as was stated above, get an antenna with a tunable tip such as a firestik. Then make sure you find someone with an SWR meter and tune it as soon as possible so you don't burn up the circuitry in the radio.
Back to top Go down
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Does radio shack carry both the Cb and Firestix antenna??
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
ih8pepl73

Male
Number of posts : 55
Emploi : Finally employed!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-21

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 1:56 pm

I got a Cobra 19III from Wal-Mart. It was like $35. I got my 4' Firestick from a truckstop in Perryville. It was like $20. Then I went and got the taillight mounting bracket from Adam's for like $10-$15.
Back to top Go down
lt.dan
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
lt.dan

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-12

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:08 pm

FOR TRAILRIDES JUST ABOUT ANY CB WILL WORK, THE TUNEING OF THE ANTENA IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. SOME RADIOS LIKE THE COBRA 29 LTD HAVE BIULT IN SWR METER SO YOU CAN TUNE THE ANTENA YOUR SELF. IF YOU REALY WANT GOOD INFO MOST TRUCKSTOPS HAVE A RADIO SHOP,USUALY AN OLDTIMER WHO WILL KNOW HOW TO TUNE THE ANTENA AS WELL AS PEAK THE RADIO FOR MAXIMUM OUTPUT. 9
Back to top Go down
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:45 pm

thanks for the info. anybody know if the Perryville or North East truck stops have a "radio" shop?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Recommendations   CB Recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB Recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4x4 Tech :: OFFROAD TECH-
Jump to: