Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Thank you MRR

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:16 pm

I just want to thank everyone so far for their thoughts and patience. We have come along way in a week. I am seeing alot of comments, concerns and best of all thoughts for improvements.

I wasnt sure at first how the outcome was going but then I started to see members stepping up and sending me what they really feel and how we should change for the better of the club..

It takes alot of character to admit you are wrong but it takes even more to take the time to suggest solutions and volunteer your time to make this club something to be proud of..

I spoke to one member this week and he said he had a conversation with another member and the following statement was made. And I it went something like this, "It will be nice to post a MRR sticker and be proud of what we stand for"

I had to agree with that statement and explain that a few weeks ago I pulled my sticker off my rig and truck.. Was it the right thing to do.. No, but I too was upset at what I was seeing. MRR was not the club that I had joined a few years ago.. I look back and I shouldnt of pulled the stickers that fast. I should of given the club a chance and thats what everyone here is doing and its going to make this club even stronger.

Luckily, I have another MRR sticker put away and soon as the weather lets up its going on my truck.. I will need another for the rig and It will be displayed proudly..

MRR is just a name of a organization that people can join. MRR is really about the people that are involved in the organization at a given time. Everyone of you that have responded to my emails and calls have shown you care what is going on. For that I thank you for stepping up and saving something that not only gives enjoyment to its members but also gives to charities for improved life.

With that I would like to put out a challenge for 2009. Some of you might be familiar with the member of KGB that was injured while wheeling. KGB is another wheeling club in our general area and I am not sure there are more than 10 members. This club had a benefit for its injured member at Rausch Creek this past summer and raised over $12,000 for him and his family.

My challenge is that I believe if all of our members contribute to the ADA run and we each put in a helping hand promoting the run and getting sponsors I think we can double what we have done in the past. We have too much talent and will to let these other clubs promote bigger venues than us.

Up for the challenge???
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:39 pm

"My challenge is that I believe if all of our members contribute to the ADA run and we each put in a helping hand promoting the run and getting sponsors I think we can double what we have done in the past. We have too much talent and will to let these other clubs promote bigger venues than us. "
This was offered in the past but didn't happen. One person cannot do this along and I strongly agree. We will need a list and divide it up.
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:37 pm

I agree. We all use shops and vendors - just ask if they would like to be a part of it and more prizes will come in. We could also ask sponsors if they would like to contribute directly to the cause.

I wonder if we could consider some alternate incentives - in addition to a raffle. What if we put together an offroad package? - wheels, tires, winch, flares, yellow top battery, and snorkel all as a package to the person who brings in the most contributions. Maybe split this into the top three... something of this nature.

Another way might be to have an auction for some of the most desired items. We have Paul, let's use his talents.

I know it is tough to know ahead of time what the prizes will be, but I can tell you that Jeff/Adrenaline will most likely put in the same as before - 2x $50 off labor and parts, and 2x free tire mount and balance ($125 value). Or some such thing.

I could ask him about talking to some of the other vendors too.

At the MS150 (a bicycling fundraiser for multiple sclerosis), there is a registration fee and a mandatory minimum contribution. It encourages participants to beat feet and collect additional money from friends and family - their minimum is $300. What if we did $50 minimum contribution in addition to registration? Just a thought.

They also offer special shirts after the fact for top contributors who raise $1000 or more for the cause. Many of my friends run coffee messes in their workplaces all year with proceeds benefiting the MS society for that event. These guys are sporting technical bicycling shirts and get free registration for the next year.

Again, just some more ways to motivate ourselves to rise to the challenge.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:27 pm

hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh From my point of view and past endeavors, I welcome all the input that everyone can offer. I have a list of venders that I solicit to every year and continue to add names and address to it. Many have provided something other have not. The big corporations hide their ability with the catch all “we provide to charities within our location only" One such company is well known to all of us by the winch we use...I will not release their name to protect their BS. Another is a well known and drank soda too: they dispatch it to the local distributors.

Let's begin planning this as soon as we can and get an early start for this New Year. Most companies make their budgets in November through December, so the first there gets the prize.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:35 pm

I strongly agree and we should get letters out this year early. the letter should be carefully worded and reviewed by the board when elected to give the best possibility for success.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:45 pm

I already have letters designated that have worked pretty well so far, But like everything else, when a fresh pair of eye look at it I am sure it could be improved or refined. I catalog everything I do and I put the club name on it for a working file reference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

Thank you MRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you MRR   Thank you MRR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank you MRR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free At Last :: Club Announcements-
Jump to: