Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rausch Creek Snow Run

Go down 
+7
jealos-z
rockdw72
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
SPP YJ
UPNOVER
Locked_N_Loaded
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Rausch Creek Snow Run Empty
PostSubject: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Just a quick update...it was damn cold today and we woke up to about an inch of snow. We didn't get the snow I was anticipating and it's looking like it's down to only an inch or 2 more tonight - PISSED!!!

Rausch is like a skating rink...everything has a thick coating of ice. I blew a bead doing full throttle assaults on an ice hill on 1C. We didn't do much more than just cruise around and enjoyed the day. Rob had a real close call climbing out of a bowl on trail 5 - I thought he was a goner.

It's finally beer thirty so adios. There's a big crowd here at the comfort inn, we're gonna have an awesome time!!

king
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Be careful guys and have a great time........
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Back home safe and sound. We started the morning with the guys wrenching on Rob's toyota. Me, Matt, and Bill decide to go over to the gauntlet instead of sitting in the lot and that's when round 2 of wrenching started. Matt broke the outer chromo 44 shaft - a clean break at that. We thought the hub broke and i'm still surprised the hub or u-joint didn't break before the shaft.

Rob had a spare so he put the spare in and we were off to the ice skating rink again. We did the green part of the O trail and Chris (monster s10) and I ran the black section. It was a blast! Thanks for the spot Bill and Pickens! It was pretty icy and snowy and it was all virgin snow/ice when i went through. It was a lot of bumping and throttle. Another great technique was just spinning the tires till they melted the ice, heated up, and then climbed - lots of fun and it was a challenge.

We went onto the 3 hill climbs off the pole line and that ended up into a throttle fest. Bill was first up on the far right climb and went up it like nothing - like usual!! Rob tried the center and it was solid ice - no chance. Chris tried right and middle with no luck. I got onto the right and was full throttle in 3rd gear several times - very determined. I was almost through but i ended up popping a bead on the back right. I also sheered the front left valve stem just about off and it was barely holding air. I didn't have good luck with tires this weekend. Chuck made it up next to the top also with a 3rd gear assault. Matt was next and was bouncing off the rev limiter for a while and it dropped just where it needed to and he made it too. It was a good show and a good end of the day.

Well that's all for now...thanks everyone for a great weekend, we had a blast and it was great to be out. Every time we wheel together it reminds me of what a great group we have. I'll post pics later.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 pm

We are home also. Had a great time with everyone. We had a good size group both days. Picked up a guy from Pittsburgh looking for a group to go with in the lot Saturday. He had a BIG rock buggy very nice but very cold.
Thanks to the whole group for a good time. There was ice on every thing made a lot of trails very challenging.As nick said not as much snow as we hoped for.

Here are my pics ( none of me I don't know how that happen)
It was cold so Holly stayed in jeep as much as she could and I don't blame her.

http://picasaweb.google.com/toyota327/RC11009?authkey=PrG6hoq80z8&feat=directlink
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Not only is the turtle living...........He's gettin a piece........ 9
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:45 pm

We are trying to breed some new turtles one from Reading and one from Stillwater we will see what we get.One of them was Nicks one was mine and Holly was the breeder.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:11 pm

This trip was a blast! It was cold, solid ice and the west property was OFF LIMITS due to ice. We started the first day trying 1c with the hills and bowls. I was first in and climbed about 3/4 of the way up and then immediately back down with the tires still spinning forwards. That was when we discovered that under the fresh snow was the thick ice over EVERYTHING. I wasn't backing out of that trail, been in that hole on the right against the tree before. Took the straight ahead paty over this little hump that gave me quite a struggle but after several attempts and 4th gear through the uphill side I made it out. NIck tried but after a few scary moments decided to back out, that was quite scary as well with bowls on boths sides and very little room o top of the crowned trail. I circled around and Matt M took the lead through 1 and we headed to the black section. turned out that all the trails were going to be extremely challenging. there was no "crawling" through the trails, instead you keep momentum and the tires would bounce around between the rocks. This simple trail took what seemed like foreever and I have a new dent on the passenger side in front of the door from the famous tree on the right. My neice Rachael was riding shotgun and she had a blast. we tried a few bowls and called it a day early when the snow and wind started hammering us. Had a wonderful dinner at O'neals and then gathered in the lobby for the rest of the night/morning. Saturday we did gauntlet as Nick mentioned, I got 3/4 through and got stuck about 20' behind where Matt broke his stub shaft. couldn't situate the jeep away from a boulder that was catching my rear diff. it was like a bowl and with no traction the rear just settled into that spot every time. We then went up the easy side of the hill climb just past gauntlet on the right, it was a struggle but everyone made it up one way or another. Then we went to O trail where I tried to guide Nick through, the ice had different ideas and we had to constantly change the line according to what the jeep wanted to do. Chris in the monster truck came through and it was still a struggle but made it through. We headed back to C trail and stopped to assist another group with pulling a cherokee up a hill. Nick winched and then pulled him up and we were on our way again. Decided to head to the pole line for the 3 hill climbs. I must say being the first one up made it easier because there was some crusty snow on top of the ice to provide traction. After that it was solid ice exposed and took quite a while to get about half the vehicles up. We ended our day with that and headed back to load the trailer. I thought it was going to be a PITA with all the ice but it was really a lot of fun and required a lot of full throttle grinding to get the jeep to go in the general direction you wanted. Thanks to everyone that attended. It was nice seeing some faces I haven't seen in awhile. I had a great time and look forward to wheeling again soon. Nick start your snow dance and get us some SNOW.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Consider it done mbn
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 pm

I loved every minute of this weekend. Finally got to show off the Toyota a little and work out some bugs. It needs a front locker bad. The girls had a blast in the jeep Emily is getting comfortable behind the wheel. Thanks for a great time guys.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:50 pm

I had a great time and it was a great group of people. I like to thank everyone that helped with the axle change, it saved my day.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:37 am

http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/RauschCreek_01_1011_09#

Not too many but make sure to check out the videos - they blend in with the pics but there's the one of bills climb in 1c and also the blue torch buggy on yellow jacket and rob finally opening up that 350 on the solid ice hill climb 9
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 am

We will get our pics up when amy feels better and I get the STAINS OUTTA MY PANTS We had a blast all weekend that was a awesome group and with the weather it was a great time . And Nick got to hear the small block off the rev limiter 9 Oh wait his was all weekend lol! thanks to all cant wait to do it again...
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:20 am

assume pics and videos, i enjoyed watching all of them 9
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Also would like to thank Mel for letting us hang out in the lobby dfjsksdkfjsd Sucks you got stuck working a double, but we are glad you were there. lk
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Yah - thank you very much mel! We wouldn't have had near as much fun without your hospitality!!
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah what they said Beer, friends , comfort inn ,and a dirty underage girl does life really get any better.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:06 pm

lol! you mean chin-nuts.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 pm

that was funny got to give pickens credit he can kill anything he drives and still be a comedian with or without the beer. (just louder with the beer)
Back to top Go down
mel
Open/Open
Open/Open

Female
Number of posts : 23
Emploi : comfort inn
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:31 pm

thank you all for th fun saturday night . you all maid that double no problem for me. the waffles are always there for you when i am there. i am soooo glad the beer wasn't running that much cause the oompa loompa was trying really hard to find her way to someone's room. not that she would have remembered who since she couldn't remember anyone's names. but she will be remembered well. today all i could sing is the damn song thanks ladies for that one
mel
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 am

Thanks Mel
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 am

Yes thanks Mel, to bad you were not ther Friday then we maybe wouldnt have got yelled at . But we still wouldve walked to gooseberrys since Nick wouldnt let me drive jocolor
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:02 am

come on people, we need some pics 4
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Quote :
http://www.mymudspace.com/Rockn93yj Pround member of MARR.

I like your style thats great.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Here are Amy's pics, Hey Nester where is that vid that Emily has that was sweet http://picasaweb.google.com/jealosz/SnowRun#
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:30 pm

as always very nice pics amy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek Snow Run   Rausch Creek Snow Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rausch Creek Snow Run
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next