Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Very Important news on land use issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Very Important news on land use issues Empty
PostSubject: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 am

Category: ALERT!
Date: Jan 15 2009

Senate Passes Sweeping Public Lands Management Legislation

Date: January 15, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT GERALDINE GRADY – 804-381-1153

The Senate today passed the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act in a 73-21 vote. In spite of a concerted effort by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., to stop passage during the Congressional lame duck session at the end of 2008, the bill’s sponsors vowed to keep it moving during the current 111th Congress.

The Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 is a collection of roughly 160 public land bills that were reported from the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. The legislation designates about 2 million acres in nine states as wilderness, in addition to scenic rivers, historic sites and expansions of national parks. It provides the government's highest level of protection on land such as:

• 517,000 acres of wilderness in Idaho’s Owyhee-Bruneau Canyonlands
• 256,000 acres of wilderness in Washington County, Utah, including in Zion National Park
• Almost 250,0000 wilderness acres in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado
• 128,000 acres of wilderness around Mt. Hood in Oregon
• 53,000 acres of wilderness in Jefferson National Forest in Virginia

"I am happy that after months of delay we will finally be moving forward," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

"I am disappointed the Senate majority leader has refused to allow senators the opportunity to improve, amend or eliminate any of the questionable provisions in his omnibus lands bill," Coburn told fellow senators.

Sen. Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., the bill’s sponsor, said many of the underlying bills were the result of a “lengthy public process” that allowed local jurisdictions to reach consensus on land use. “Many of the bills in this package resolve major land and water policy issues that have been contested for years, and in some cases for decades,” he said. “I can’t think of a single bill that has ever done more to ensure the enjoyment of, and access to, wilderness areas, historical sites, national parks, forests, trails and scenic rivers. In addition, this bipartisan bill will help protect America’s greatest liquid asset, its water resources. Collectively, this is one of the most sweeping conservation laws the Senate has considered in many, many years.”

The bill now goes to the House. UFWDA will closely monitor the bill’s progress.

To read the legislation and learn more about its impact, go to http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/thomas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Tico,
Thank you for posting this important information.

The board had a discussion yesterday about our clubs involvement or lack of information given to our members for their actions and thoughts.

I frequent other clubs websites and I am amazed on the presentation of information provided to their members. To be honest, I spoke yesterday about how embarassed I am for the club to not be informed.

Please keep providing all information you receive..
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 pm

A lot of this information is acquired via the UFWDA news board provided by us on the web page. just like the va drive. but when it's close to home there are people that keep me connected.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Can you keep us posted on haterras? I'm really interested to hear about anything and I know i got some good info from you before by email. I not real good at following all the land use issues so it's good to be provided with the info on this board.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Sure! But didn't we agree to have Lt. Dan the Land Use guy?

Last edited by The Devil Dog on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:54 pm

The Devil Dog wrote:
Sure! But didn;t we agree to have Lt. Dan the Land Use guy?

Great Point....... Where is he???????

MRR calling LT DAN!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 pm

HMMMM and the coment was made about Nester not having time
Back to top Go down
lt.dan
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
lt.dan

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 am

what is so important about posting up after something has been aproved and demanding action. months ago there were notices sent out through united, and BRC about this issue asking that we send letters to our represernatives in washington. they even included a letter generator that would do all the tough stuff for you.
land use as i see it is getting us involved in volenteer projects with the dnr in maryland. as i see it you can write all the letters in the world , and they may end up in a file or a trash can, or you can go stand beside the people from the dnr and put in a good days work. then they will know who we are, and have some respect for the way we conduct ourselves.
i have been distracted lately and would welcome any and all landuse help.
it is something that every one of us should consider our job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Important news on land use issues   Very Important news on land use issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very Important news on land use issues
Page 1 of 1