Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps

Go down 
+4
Rockn93YJ
thinga'ma'rig
MYYJROX
md4wheelin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Empty
PostSubject: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 6:46 pm

After talking to some people and seeing how the recent club runs have been working out I think we need offer two different club runs a month. One run say in the first or second week of the month being open to all rigs and a second run later in the month being open to only modified rigs who want to run harder trails. The single club runs now are getting so big that rigs who are modified really can't have any fun because of the stock rigs. As we all know it cost some money to do a weekend of four wheeling. So it kind of stinks to run greens and some blues all day with 10 to 15 other rigs. Now don't get me wrong i'm not putting the stockers down or anything (we all started their at one point) i'm just saying its not a good Idea to run modified and stock together. All that happens when you put the two together is the modified get mad that the stockers cant keep up and the stockers get mad because they cant go where the modifieds can forcing then to sit and watch. I'm not venting I just figured I'd throw my .02 out there to see what everyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 7:14 pm

I don't think we necessarily need to have two separate runs a month. It's good for all of the members to be able to meet each other. I think you suggested this before & I've been hearing it for a long time now....we need to split up the monthly run group. All that is needed is someone who can lead a modified group to do that. Most of the people who have the modified rigs are capable of leading a group. If they would run into trouble, they can always call on the main group to dispatch some help.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:04 pm

i think that would be a good idea, if everyone knows that we will be splitting up into individual groups then everyone should still be able to test their riggs out to their extent that they want to and everyone can still get to know each other. we could list it as the monthly run with at least 2 trail guides for the different classes and we can still meet up together for lunch in the trails....................................or................................like md4wheelin said as long as we have the regular monthly run, we should be able to post another run for upgraded rigs only..........either way we go ,it should work.?????? dfjsksdkfjsd..................i do not base when i go wheelin on the people that are going and their rigs, i simply go when i can and have fun 9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 pm

I like the idea of splitting up into smaller groups. Everyone I'm sure would like to get the most of the weekend. Stockers can be broke in slowly and mods can run and cover a lot more ground. There will be times when teh group is too small and we have to all run together and we will enjoy it. I'm strongly in favor of splitting up into capability groups. We could even meet for lunch somewhere.
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Im in favor of the splitting of groups. And I volunteer to take the stockers from now till maybe end of summer. Seeing as my build up has come too a halt for lack of $$$$$. So for the next ride I have no problem taking the blue and green trial group.
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 pm

For the stockers we could do a rotation on trail guides. I have no problem taking a group out one month and then switching it up with someone else the following month.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm

I have been reading and keeping to myself onthis, and I feel you guys are coming into your own, you all have a point and counter point. The solution is best determined by the number of rigs that show on the appointed trail day. The lead trail guide will have to make a choice based on that number, the prefered grouping in about 7 rigs per team. At any one time we get like 10 rigs to show, if that is the case then we can split into groups of 5. Keep in mind that each group will need a vehicle with a winch just in case. The most important thing is to have an experience guide and spotter. Over the years we all have had the exposure of guiding and spotting, the leasons are there, perhaps, an unselfished act by some might open the doors to better communication with the rest og the group. Promote good will, share your knowledge, be toughtfull of the stocker, no one want to feel like they are the drag, we all want to have fun, that's why we get to gether as a group....the brotherhood will prevail...and our grouth will continue.

Dam I got carried away again...shit... Hey, just deal with it when people show up, when I am there I'll take the charge..like usual..
jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Okay so we just continue with our normal Event POC per event. Like last time I have no problem with being the POC for the club runs. Most of the time the POC is Tico. As time passes we will have a vote and a collection of input of what runs everyone would like to run. That way we can split the larger club runs that at times have been more than a dozen rigs. On smaller club runs will will continue with single group that runs a mix of trails that please the mass.

Just to let you guys know that Paragon and Rausch are open to the public. For anyone that is looking to run only one type of trail you can always post on the board to make your own run. I myself as well as Rich, Bill, Kat, Bobbi, Joe, Nick and even the stock guys I have seen up there in small groups running there own runs. Just Remember that if you post to make a run and if you have a goal of what you want you need to make that clear to everyone. This is just my .02, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Club runs or any other run that someone has in mind if anyone has ideas feel free to either post or contact me I will bring it up or bring it before the board. Sorry if a talk to much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:04 am

ok, let my clarify this, if anyone wants to go up on their own and get a group together, then it is ok to post it as an event as long as it does not get in the way with the monthly run. and we can post minimum requirements on that run with no hard feeling to any one in the club. IS THIS CORRECT. mbn
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:13 am

Yes, Von, you are right. No hurt feelings on a second samller modified run.

I, of course, will add my $.02 here. It looks like we all want the same thing. We want to be part of group of people we really enjoy, and wheel. Everyone wants to get the most out of their money and time. I think that, in the past, we have run as a group no matter how large that group was, and there is beginning to be some dissatisfaction with that. So I am going along with what everybody seems to be presenting, and saying we should break into groups for the club runs.

With the modified Jeeps, smaller groups are better. I'd say three is the minimum, but beyond that, we should give an option of the Big Kids running on their own.

We should also have a rotation of qualified guides to run with the stock and lo mod rigs. Of course, Rich has already volunteered for the summer.

But, hey, pay no attention to me...I'm just one of the guys....

dfjsksdkfjsd
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:15 am

vonsjeep wrote:
ok, let my clarify this, if anyone wants to go up on their own and get a group together, then it is ok to post it as an event as long as it does not get in the way with the monthly run. and we can post minimum requirements on that run with no hard feeling to any one in the club. IS THIS CORRECT. mbn
BINGO! YOU GOT IT RIGHT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:41 am

Glad we finally got that cleared up. With Paragon closing, alot of us with the modified rigs have been wanting to get up there to run the hard trails that we haven't seen before they are gone but we haven't wanted to offend other members. I know there were some opposition before when runs were posted with restrictions. I'm glad this is no longer the case and that we are all in agreement. I will also be willing to take a blue/green group now & again - especially when it gets warmer & there is mud to be found. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 10:18 am

cool that sounds like a plan. We should about a week before the run get a list together of who will be there and what trails they want to run. This way we have a little more oranization of whats going on instead of showing up that morning and finding out what trails you will ride for the club run.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 10:20 am

We always try to do that but it never works out. People are always joining & cancelling at the last minute but we can keep trying.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:38 pm

yea but you can get a general Idea of whats going on +/- a couple of rigs. This way if you see roughly that most the rigs will be running green or that their will be enough for two groups you can make a decision on what your going to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps   Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two club runs a month for different classes of jeeps
Page 1 of 1