Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Back from Elva's surgery

Go down 
+5
Locked_N_Loaded
thinga'ma'rig
rockdw72
connordanny
Rockn93YJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back from Elva's surgery Empty
PostSubject: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Thursday for those that didn't know Elva went had surgery to fix a hiatal hernia and fix a bad stomach valve (laproscopic Nissen Fundoplication). Surgery took about 3 hours and the surgeon said the repairs were "very good". She has been in a lot of pain but they kept her on lots of drugs to help her through. She stayed overnight in the recovery room which meant I was unable to stay overnight. I called Joe and met him at the Hibatchi grill in Joppa, awesome food! Drove home 1hr 30min and went back the next morning. Spent all day in the hospital again today, reread all 15 of the jp magazines I brought with me and then when Elva was knocked out with the meds I slipped over to Lexington Market for some grubb. That place is a serious cultural experience! Every kid of food you could think of cooked or not was available. I expected to turn a corner and see cats or something hanging from a display. I did eat at a place called Little Texas or something like that. Got a big fucking steak sub that had to weigh about 3# with everything on it. REALLY GOOD FOOD! it was odd being a minority for once. Walked back to university of maryland and Elva was up again, pain was better and she was ready to get the hell out of that place. we convinced the surgery that she was ready to leave and finally we are home. Drugged her up real good for the ride home and now she is resting peacefully on the couch with a heat pack and bundled up on the blankets. Tomorrow she gets her sponge bath since I'm nursing her for the next few days. She is restricted to clear liquids for the next 1 week (and not allowed alcohol) and then moves to pureed soft foods for the next week and then chopped foods for the week after that. She has 5 stab wounds in her belly from the scopes that should feel better in about 3-4 weeks. Thanks Joe for the offer for a place to sleep it is greatly appreciated. Really nice to be back home.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Glad everything went well!

By the way if you got a 3lb steak n cheeze at Lexington market that prolly used to be a 3 lb cat.....
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:20 pm

na, they loose some of the weight after cooking probably 3 1/2lb cat.

glad everything went good
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:27 pm

also glad to hear everything went well.she will be up and yelling at you b-4 you know it lol!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Glad to hear all is well...nicki and i send our best and hope she's feeling better soon!!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Glad to hear all is going well. We wish he a speedy recovery and hopefully you can get back to wheeling/wrenching soon.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Happy to here everything went good. It is unreal what they can do now days and be home in a day or two. You take care of her then get them rigs ready theres a busy summer ahead.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Good to hear Elva is doing well. Also Bill, you know we always have room for you at the "Castle of love"
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Glad to hear she was able to go home so soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back from Elva's surgery   Back from Elva's surgery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from Elva's surgery
Page 1 of 1