Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Jeep won't start

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Bill sent me some info on what to check on the Jeep to see why it won't start but I haven't done anything yet other than check the fault codes and I got an 11. Jon was talking about the magnetic uptake in the distributor going bad in his and that being a possible problem on mine. If that is the problem, wouldn't I get an error code 54 (Code 54 - Distributor sync pickup)??
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:12 am

crank position sensor
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:55 am

Kat, I know you don't like "just replacing stuff" but if there is one thing that could be the problem that is difficult to check it is the crank position sensor as Joe said. Thats the one that I said was on the back of the motor and the wires are in prime location to become grounded against the block or intake. j
it is a 60-$80 part. make sure you take your old one with you when you get the new one to compare connections.
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=ECH&PartNumber=CSS613&Description=Crankshaft+Sensor
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:48 pm

if a zj 4.0 CPS is the same as a YJ 4.0 CPS I have one you can try out to see if it works.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:05 pm

hey they both have the same part numbers, so they are interchangeable. Let me know if you want to swing by and grab that and the tube.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks Joe, that would be great. I'll try that first and if that doesn't work then start trying other things. I'll try to meet up with you one night this week. I'll bring your decals over too.

FYI - My dad is used to having the real factory service manuals when diagnosing problems so I just picked up a 1993 Wrangler set from eBay for $25 if anybody needs to use them.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:44 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
hey they both have the same part numbers, so they are interchangeable. Let me know if you want to swing by and grab that and the tube.

What time are you going to be home tonight?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:38 pm

i'm home now but the parts are still at the shop.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:51 pm

The new CPS came in today and I installed it. The Jeep started right up. Hopefully that is the end of that problem.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:38 pm

SWEET!
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:29 am

cool beans sdsfhhgdigdhfo i am glad it was able to make it out of the trails on its own at big dogs
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah, it would not have been fun trying to get it out of Death Valley. I was lucky it started up again there and didn't die completely until Hell Hole where Jon could pull it back easily.

Now I just have to beat the exhaust pipe out of the way of the front driveshaft and weld the bumper back on and it should be good to go again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeep won't start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep won't start   Jeep won't start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeep won't start
Page 1 of 1