Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Empty
PostSubject: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:57 pm

i have looked allot of places and found a 3 to 1 lowmax kit for a chevy 205 but not a ford 205 and i do not have the room for a doubler, so am i sh*t out of luck or what. i the atlas/stak my only choice? i really did not want to spend that kind of dough$
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:34 pm

options are Klune underdrive, if you have that much room.
or lomax kit for 3:1 http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/drivetrain/131_0701_lomax_transfer_case/index.html
here is some good reading on lomax conversion 3:1 from jbconversions. thay also compare the atlas and others to their kit.
http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/products/lomax205/completetcase.html
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:37 pm

not sure if JB conversions offers it for ford either since they show the 32 spline GM version
hmmm
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:57 pm

some one told me that any tranny with a six bolt circle pattern will fit an atlas case as long as you have the correct input spline. the ford 205 is 31. just wondering what spline a rubicon t. case case has? wondering if is the same spline if it would bolt up. (they have the bolt pattern as an atlas).reason for the thought is that there is one on ebay for 1000.00
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Rubicons have a NP231 with 4to1 or something just like it made for Jeep. It might have the the 4to1 but you can not twin stick it. I would start with getting a set of 5:13 gears then do the lowmax 3to1 later. Unless you want to save up your money and then invest in a 3 speed Tcase and then your done.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:16 pm

i think that is what i will have to do,save my money, start selling some of my junk laying around and get the atlas.( that klune underdrive was nice but it would of took 7 inches away from my rear drive shaft.) i have 4.10 gears now which is ok and by the time you do front and rear with lockers and gearing, that is as much as an atlas
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:34 pm

thinga'ma'rig wrote:
some one told me that any tranny with a six bolt circle pattern will fit an atlas case as long as you have the correct input spline. the ford 205 is 31. just wondering what spline a rubicon t. case case has? wondering if is the same spline if it would bolt up. (they have the bolt pattern as an atlas).reason for the thought is that there is one on ebay for 1000.00

241 is 23 spline, can be converted to 27 spline by jbconversions but $$
atlas is the last transfer case you will buy period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?   does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

does anyone offer a low gear kit for a ford np205 ?
Page 1 of 1