Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

June Big Dogs

Go down 
+8
thinga'ma'rig
rockdw72
md4wheelin
jealos-z
Locked_N_Loaded
Rockn93YJ
makitupthehardway
SPP YJ
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Wanted to start a post on this I have lots of questions about this never been there before.

When does everyone get to the event ? (looking at what days i need off)

What camp should i be staying in ? ( I like to drink and have a good time but I need my beauty sleep too)

When does everyone come home ?

I like to wheel and im going here to wheel am I going to the right place?
( does to party take over more than the wheeling)

Im sure there will be more questions from me as it gets closer and maybe more people too.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:36 pm

x2 I know the dates I just want to make sure I end up in the right spot.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:43 pm

SPP YJ wrote:
Wanted to start a post on this I have lots of questions about this never been there before.

When does everyone get to the event ? (looking at what days i need off)

What camp should i be staying in ? ( I like to drink and have a good time but I need my beauty sleep too)

When does everyone come home ?

I like to wheel and im going here to wheel am I going to the right place?
( does to party take over more than the wheeling)

Im sure there will be more questions from me as it gets closer and maybe more people too.

Event is June 5 Friday through June 7 Sunday.
Usually we start showing up on thursday night or friday morning.
We camp in camp 6.
they have instituted a 12:00 pm quiet time so you will get plenty of beauty rest.
Everyone usually leaves sunday morning or rides the trails until 2-3 pm and then heads home.

remember that there is a big dogs fee of like $70 and then a "land use fee" for each person that comes along of like $35 each for the weekend. they do have showers and a place to potty.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:49 pm

you will need a tent and food. we eat breakfast at the camp, lunch usually on the trail and back to camp for dinner. we cook everything we eat as it is very inconvenient to go out for meals since it is so far back in the woods. make sure you top off the fuel tanks since getting fuel is like a 30 minute round trip. Bring coolers and plenty of ice. there is a small store but not much there at all, and expensive.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:59 pm

there is also a pond for swimming, with a floating platform and sandy beach. Also has a shooting range included in land use fee.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:05 pm

8 8 8 8 8 8 8
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Ok Let me add who will be there thurs night cuz like Chuck said I am coming to wheel, Then drink and should we pre register
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:00 pm

jealos-z wrote:
Ok Let me add who will be there thurs night cuz like Chuck said I am coming to wheel, Then drink and should we pre register

You should preregister online and print a copy of your registration and print a copy of your payment through paypal. I usually wait til the last few days prior to register just in case the jeep explodes in the garage or something. I will try to be there thurs night to secure a good location at camp 6.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:39 pm

I think the 12am thing is a good Idea. usally nothing good hapens after that time anyway. For the food thing, we usally have steak night on saturday which i garuntee will be the best meal you ever had camping. Me and Mandy be getting there thur night probly around 8 or 9 pm.

king
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:29 pm

I think you guys are starting to talk me in to this
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:51 pm

trust me the trails are worth it. we just talk mostly about the partying cause funny stuff always happens. pennsyltucky, insanity and bunny are on my hit list. I can't get enough of pennsyltucky trail
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:07 pm

I will be honest we are coming for the trails and will be there thurs nite as long as that suits chuck 9
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:53 pm

The trails will keep you telling stories for a while and they will set the bar for any new trails you run afterwards. I love korum, pensyltukian, extreme - they are all rock trails that I can't think of a good equivalent at rausch. They are wide outcropping of rocks from small to huge with multiple lines and uphill climbs. They're a blast to run with true rock crawling from beginning to end in most of them. You can run 3 rigs wide on some sections and I've heard Bill describe it before as kind of a rock creek uphill.

Insanity is one of the best hard trails i've ever been on. We have yet to run Bunny and I don't really expect a run without carnage. It is pretty brutal on the best built rigs. Although after seeing the last comp, it seems like it's been widened a lot to allow more forgiving lines.

I'll say it time and time again, you won't regret a big dogs trip if you're a wheeler at heart which you guys are!! Sure the weather sucks ass sometimes but we always make the best of it. I don't think any of us can say we ever had a bad time, hell, not even a bad day!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:15 pm

jealos-z wrote:
I will be honest we are coming for the trails and will be there thurs nite as long as that suits chuck 9

fine be that way "no steak or beer for you" jocolor asdyuysigidfdjbisd
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:03 pm

LOL...agreed Joe. I think you guys need to go camp in the christian camps. dsgfsdgdhjvcx

In all seriousness though, if the noise gets to you camp 6 probably isn't the place for you. You can always stay at another camp and drive back and forth. We're by no means quiet, nor is anybody else, but nothing caps a good day of wheeling better than beer. Once I'm done drinking it's pass out time and nothing short of getting run over by a stray rig will wake me. Nicki survives it and she doesn't even drink when we're there so man up pussies! 7
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Its not about Manin up its alot of money to spend and times are tough. We will be there and will have fun just a little nervous jocolor
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm

it is a lot of money but you won't be disappointed in the trails. you can get 3 good days of wheeling in and if so desired 2 good night runs in. camping in camp 6 is only a good idea if you don't mind the party atmosphere. if you want quite then it is just as easy to stay at another camp that is a little more quiet and drive to/from the party/bonfire whenever you want. it can get quite noisy at night at camp 6 so i understand. having a new 12pm quite time may help but its hard to say if people will comply. usually it's the locals that arent even with big dogs that create the problems. well then there is Joe. lol!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:49 am

Okay well Emily and I will be coming out for this event. It might be my last till after the wedding but we will be there all weekend. I hope to get there thrusday or friday morning.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Don't be nervous rob or chuck you guys are going to have a blast. Start getting excited!! It is worth every shiny little penny.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
EDIT: well then there is Matt. lol!
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:37 am

are most of you guys planning on running SUNDAY morning, and do you have an extra seat. i was going to drive down in the morning and be a passenger. to watch and take pics, just cause my rig is broke doesn't mean i can't come and hang out mbn
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:42 am

i normally don't run sunday just because if something goes wrong your kind of screwed with getting home at a decent time. Von, you should come down sat afternoon or evening and get a night ride in also.

I'm Putting a long weekened in, so I'm hopping to have this damn thing 99% mobil by monday if all goes well. i'm still waiting for one TRE and adapter to come in which should be here sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:54 pm

If I do run Sunday I make it a quick run. Nicki is a bit burned out by Sunday and wants to get home asap. After a few days of torturing her I guess it's only fair. I'm usually pretty damn run down too and it is a struggle to make it home awake without a nap, right Matt??
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:08 pm

I usually do run half day sunday since I'm only about an hour away but my right seat is taken this trip.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
I usually do run half day sunday since I'm only about an hour away but my right seat is taken this trip.

Who is running with you Bill?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

June Big Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Big Dogs   June Big Dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June Big Dogs
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next