Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30 Empty
PostSubject: Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30   Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:52 pm

I almost missed this because I hadn't read the Mud Bandit post in a few days. I figured I should start a new thread so others are aware of it too and can get the important info without having to read the whole 26 page post to find scattered info.

From what I found online, gates open at 8:30 and bog starts at Noon. Located at Rt. 67 & Frog Eye Road in Brownsville, MD. No coolers or pets allowed. Food will be sold.

Bill, you will let us know Saturday night if you aren't going at all or will let us know Sunday morning what class you will be in so we know when we need to get there to see you - yes? How long does the whole thing last generally - all classes?

I plan on going.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30   Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:20 pm

gates open at 8:30 and thats for people that entered vehicles. there is a drivers meeting, picking of driving order and inspecion of vehicles at that time. general public starts to roll in there around 11:00 or so. As far as what class i run in and the order it really changes each year. It used to be an actual mud bog where noone made it past 100' of the 200' course. then they shortened it to 100' last year. Also one year it was a dry summer and the bog was more of a 12" pit that even toyota's made it through. The mud bog used to take about 8 hours to run so they decided to limit the number of vehicles in each class and make it shorter. last year it took just 5 hours. food is good. Chicken, burgers, dogs, fries and such made by the fire company. there is a beer truck there but i think it is like $2 a beer for a 12 oz glass. no coolers or dogs are allowed and they do check at the entrance for such items. They have state police there due to the frequent girl fights that occur near the beer tent. It usually is hot out so wear sunscreen or bring an umbrella. the seating is on a hill so unless you are near the bottom (near the pit) there is no use to bring a chair, blanket is better for the hill. I registered for the "stock" 40 and above class. the only criterion in the rules was it had to have a stock frame but they also say it is at the discretion of the inspectors. I could very likely be moved up to teh cut tire paddle "unlimited" class. IF so then i will tear the pit up for the high speed dragsters that skip across the pit so it may not happen. Any other questions just ask cuz i check this forum every day. by the way i will have elva video tape the event. It is a long way to travel to watch a 5 second (?) run.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30   Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:20 pm

IF YOU ARE GOING, i will be there to cheer you on with the whole family, YES, THE WHOLE FAMILY. mbn
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30   Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:04 pm

cool. we are gettting close to done. Anyone know if a carter fuel pump needs to be bled to get the air out? seems it's not getting fuel to rev but does to idle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30   Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frog Eye Mud Bog August 30
Page 1 of 1