Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-26

DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Empty
PostSubject: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:49 pm

I talked with Alex again today, the DOM order should be delivered to him tomorrow. I will be driving down there Friday night after work, and meeting him/picking up everything early Saturday morning.

There is just over 600 ft of tubing (various shapes and sizes) that was in this group's order alone, coming in at over $2G for us - and we were combined with other orders from other customers of Alex's. ("This group" being y'all and my friends in AL.)

I spoke with Bill earlier this week. When I spoke with him, I proposed an idea to have a BBQ/meet-n-greet/central location for everyone to meet at and pick up their sticks next Sunday (May 30th). That Monday is Memorial Day, so I think most everyone should be off work that day. Anyway, just an idea - I'm not trying to plan things at another man's house.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery??
Back to top Go down
http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/index.php
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:11 am

Sunday the 30th works for me. I have bonfire materials and can have food etc.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I regret to inform that (I was just told) the mill did not complete the order in time for it to be delivered to Alex's shop this week.... No bueno.

I may still have everyone's orders for the 30th, but that'll mean a midnight run to NC during the work week. I'll keep everyone posted on that subject.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Another thought too. the following weekend June 5 and 6 is the frederick jeep show sponsored by big dogs. we could do the party that weeekend if you want. I'm flexible.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:41 pm

I do know (and have plans to go to) the WMZQFest is at Nissan Pavilion on Jun 6. I don't know if anyone else has plans to go to that, as well.... Just FYI.

(Also, I think I've been conned into going on some wine tasting/tour on the 5th.... I heard there are some single women in that group, and I can't turn down an opportunity!! :p )
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:48 pm

big94GMC wrote:
I do know (and have plans to go to) the WMZQFest is at Nissan Pavilion on Jun 6. I don't know if anyone else has plans to go to that, as well.... Just FYI.

(Also, I think I've been conned into going on some wine tasting/tour on the 5th.... I heard there are some single women in that group, and I can't turn down an opportunity!! :p )

for some reason i think your S.O.L. when it comes to girls into wine tasting jocolor
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm willin' to give it a shot Wink haha
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:56 am

Well if everyone gets together at Bills I think Emily will be up for that. If Chris can't make it I will haul all the DOM from here in Ashburn up to Bills.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:48 am

are you looking at june 6th ? scratch or the 30th
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:10 am

thinga'ma'rig wrote:

yes.....My place is open to any weekend for the next few weeks. Date depends on when the tubing order is complete and when it can be picked up. I'll just keep stacking wood on the bonfire pile until the decision is made. Casey looks forward to this fire since he helped stack the fence there. He worked the sawzall to tear it down.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:12 am

Rockn93YJ wrote:
thinga'ma'rig wrote:

yes.....My place is open to any weekend for the next few weeks. Date depends on when the tubing order is complete and when it can be picked up. I'll just keep stacking wood on the bonfire pile until the decision is made. Casey looks forward to this fire since he helped stack the fence there. He worked the sawzall to tear it down.

Cant be this Saturday because I'm having some landscaping work done. I'll be trying to finish my trailer fender saturday since the sheet metal is tearing into the tire on the side i didn't fix yet.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:32 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Well if everyone gets together at Bills I think Emily will be up for that. If Chris can't make it I will haul all the DOM from here in Ashburn up to Bills.

Hell, I'm the one that asked Bill if we could do this - I'll be there. 9 I might end up doing a middle-of-the-week midnight run down to NC this coming week to pick up the steel....haven't cemented in plans yet.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:35 am

get the steel and we will party.(build it and they will come)
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:29 am

any chance you can get 1 more stick?
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:40 am

Sorry, Bill - the order went in the week before last - I don't know if we can add to it after the fact. I'll call and ask.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:31 pm

its ok if you can't, just figured I'd ask just in case. I'll likely swing by Dillsburg for a piece in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Dont sweat it Bill. I need to order some square tube for the trailer fenders that I'm going to build.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:48 am

what was the price on the 1 3/4 per stick? how long is the stick?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm

thinga'ma'rig wrote:
what was the price on the 1 3/4 per stick? how long is the stick?

Not sure of the price but a stick was in the 20' ball park.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm

The mass order that I put together had 1.5 .120 at $2.90/ft, and 1.75 .120 at $3.80/ft. And, a stick is 17-23 foot randoms.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:40 am

thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?   DOM order is in....  BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOM order is in.... BBQ in MD, Memorial Day weekend Sunday?
Page 1 of 1