Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach

Go down 
+5
big94GMC
md4wheelin
Locked_N_Loaded
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Empty
PostSubject: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:47 am

junk shot failed, capping and collecting failed and looks like new relief wells can't be finished until August if all goes perfect the first time. General concensus is that this well will not ever be sealed until it's empty. 2 more months of oil spilling will fill the gulf and spill into the current going up the east coast. Hurricane season will we worse than prior years, according to predictions. This spells a disaster of epic proportions when the first hurrricane hits the gulf. Even if capped and sealed the cleanup will not be done in time for the first one to hit.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:24 am

Thanks for the heads up Bill.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Man Bill, that was the most sickening thing I've ever read on this forum. That is depressing. I've been following this very closely, but didn't get my daily dose of it yet today. I checked out CNN on my cell earlier and it looked like they made progress with pumping it into ships.

The post you made was almost as bad if not worse as the article from a Russian prediction saying that the dispersants they are using are MUCH more toxic than the oil. Seems far fetched to me, but I'll quote it below. The dispersants are supposed to break it up and reduce the amount of damage to the coastline but I read somewhere that they're not 100% positive on any ill effects. Either way, the fishing industry is fucked and the big man upstairs is still getting revenge on New Orleans for all those years of partying.

Quote :
"Well now a report from Russian scientists says that those same toxic dispersants will create a massive amount of toxic rain that will bring total destruction to all levels of the food chain on the eastern half of the North American continent.

The British Petroleum oil spill is threatening the entire eastern half of the North American continent with “total destruction,” reports say.

An ominous report by Russia’s Ministry of Natural Resources warned of the impending disaster resulting from the British Petroleum (BP) oil and gas leak in the Gulf of Mexico, calling it the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history, the European Union Times reported.

Russian scientists believe BP is pumping millions of gallons of Corexit 9500, a chemical dispersal agent, under the Gulf of Mexico waters to hide the full extent of the leak, now estimated to be over 2.9 million gallons a day.

Experts say Corexit 9500 is a solvent four times more toxic than oil.

The agent, scientists believe, has a 2.61ppm toxicity level, and when mixed with the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, its molecules will be able to “phase transition.”

This transition involves the change of the liquid into a gaseous state, which can be absorbed by clouds. The gas will then be released as “toxic rain” leading to “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top,” the report said.

RBK/MD"
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Think about how long it took to clean up the Valdez spill...if they are done cleaning up the spill. I'm a realist and unfortunately the damage is far from over.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah today is the first day that I have read in to this more and I'm going to stop personally cause I'm just getting angry about it. I hope that we can fix this in a timely fashion cause if not it is going to kill off everything that is dear to US on our local coast lines. I really want to wake up tomorrow and have this all be a bad dream but its not. The affects of this will hunt us for the rest of our lives. Maybe I should get back to building the toyota since it runs on propane. I'm glad that I have to trips this summer planned to go to the outer banks cause if this bad news continues I will have to start flying places to enjoy sandy beaches.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:33 pm

propane is a byproduct of the production of gasoline, no benefit there.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
propane is a byproduct of the production of gasoline, no benefit there.

Scratch that idea then.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 am

why worry about it, the world is finished as we know it in 12/23/12 anyway. Im already preparing for it.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 am

md4wheelin wrote:
why worry about it, the world is finished as we know it in 12/23/12 anyway. Im already preparing for it.

LoL.... I never woulda pictured Joe to be an advocating proponent of the Mayan calendar. (Although, they've been pretty damn accurate up to this point.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/index.php
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:25 pm

big94GMC wrote:
md4wheelin wrote:

LoL.... I never woulda pictured Joe to be an advocating proponent of the Mayan calendar. (Although, they've been pretty damn accurate up to this point.)

Not just the myans but alot of people including NASA The history channel did a good show on the whole 2012 thing.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:10 am

Its all bull shit. Dont worry Joe we will still be around for big dogs in 2013. if not we will be on some ship in space or living in a bubble.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am

WOW did I just write that I guess thats what a case of beer and mixed drinks gets me. See you guys next weekend.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:23 pm

nester I shall have to talk some sense into you this weekend about this whole 2012 thing. I hope i'm wrong but its really going to suck when i have to say "told you so"

P.S. all non believers will not be allowed in my shelter.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm

If you have to say "I told you so" , at that point it will be to damn late to worry about it. I would love to hear more about it but please wait till I have had a number of beers so it will have some comic value.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:23 pm

trust me there's no comic value to it. except for the fact how bad of luck do you have to have to be around for the end of the world. scratch
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:45 am

THE END MIGHT NOT COME IN OUR LIFETIME
but it sure would be nice to have about 6 months of food, water and guns on hand in case something big happens
my older brother is into the end theory.....he just bought some more military style m.r.e food kits
............EVERYONE SHOULD PROB. HAVE AT LEAST 1-2 WEEKS OF FOOD STORED AT HOME JUST FOR AN EMERGENCY..........
................OR YOU SHOULD KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES...I DO NOT, SO DON'T COME A KNOCKIN'.......... jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 am

yeah you have to have enough food to live in the selter long enough for the zombies to starve and die off. There is no use trying to fight them off cause there will be to many of them. And you know someone in your group will be turn into one and you will have to kill him/her too.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
MonsterS10
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MonsterS10

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:05 am

We have the guns no mres though they usually taste like cardboard Joe did you buy a big generator for Y2K also
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 am

You've gotta watch the movie Zombieland! funny as shit!
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Jay has 3 reloaders and about enough lead for 10,000 rounds for his 4 shot guns and 2 pistols, deer, rabbit and dove in the back yard, lots of water between the stream, hot tub and fish tanks, 2 months of canned food. I do a lot of appraisals for the military since Ft Meade, Bolling and Andrews are in my market area. We get the CIA and FBI to. You would freak at some of the stuff those guys tell me. You are always welcome but no snoring allowed and bring chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:31 pm

maybe when it does happen it will be a zombie fest and there will be some entertainment value to the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 am

MonsterS10 wrote:
We have the guns no mres though they usually taste like cardboard Joe did you buy a big generator for Y2K also

Y2k was a man made disaster

generators only work till the gas runs out, and if civilization ends as we know it there won't be any electric, gas stations or grocery stores.

To be honest its better safe then sorry. But if one of these super volcanoes (ie yellow stone) blow and were thrown into 30 years of darkness were all screwed. Oh and by the way this has happen more then a few times through out the history of the planet.

People who don't know the history of the planet are usually the ones that laugh when people talk about this stuff. Heres one for you nester, 99.8% of all life was wiped out on this planet (and no were not talking about the dinosaurs but before them) Do you think any of those life forms saw that coming? Hell after a few million years did you think the dinosaurs saw there end coming?

laugh all you want, life on this planet is reset every few million years and you have to wonder when the next reset is.

king
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 am

Well if it comes that that it will suck but thats not what bothers me. You know if something is going to happen it will happen. What gets me upset is my favorite beaches covered in oil. If I only have a year and half left I want to enjoy the little things in life that are dear to me while I can. I still think that the 2013 stuff is BS but if I'm wrong oh well. Why over plan if its all going to fall apart either way.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:28 pm

WELL SPOKEN!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach   Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil spill, doesn't look good for jeeps on the beach
Page 1 of 1