Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

oil pressure 0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

oil pressure 0 Empty
PostSubject: oil pressure 0   oil pressure 0 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 am

YJ threw a fit and started overheating, noticed my oil pressure was 0 at idle and increased to 7-12 with some gas. oil level was fine. Bought a new oil pump and put my tube/screen on it. Pulled the distributer and sacrificed a screwdriver so I could insert it in a drill to prime the pump. Primed for a few minutes and assembled everything and 0 oil pressure. DAMN. Took everything apart again and checked the tube i put in, it was only off about 1/8" or so so I beat it in with a rubber mallet. Then took the 110 gas welder and welded the tube onto the pipe the whole way around to seal the unit. Then filled the oil pump with as much oil as it could hold and put everything back together again. started it up and oil pressure went right up to 40 psi! 1st time i've seen 40 psi since i've owned the jeep. life is good. Front bumper was bent in again as well and was scrubbing the front tire. I pulled it back out with a strap a little too far and broke the end off. No big deal except now the winch bolt hole was not complete and risked loosing the whole thing if I had to take a strap to the bumper. Took the whole thing off and capped the ends, welded a new bumper in place, shorty style. Now to clean it out and I'll be ready for big dogs.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

oil pressure 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil pressure 0   oil pressure 0 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:38 pm

GOOD NEWS......the title had me worried some 4
Back to top Go down

oil pressure 0
Page 1 of 1