Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Repair update

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Repair update Empty
PostSubject: Repair update   Repair update Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 1:22 pm

I have brakes!!!!!!! Woo hoo!! However, without Bill & Tony it would not have been possible. lk They came over & were able to remove the broken bleeder screw from the caliper & get a bleeder screw replacement kit into it. Cost of parts about $5 (cost of new caliper about $80). Oh and BTW it is from an 80's Cadillac. scratch The new name given to the Jeep by one of the parts store guys is "The Mystery Machine" since we always have to figure out what what kind of vehicle the parts I bring in came from. My emergency brake is also working now & I just need to install a plate to keep the pedal from shifting. I have a new mount for my Hi-Lift courtesy of Welder Von. I didn't like the old placement & the guys determined that welding bolts to my cage in the rear would be a great place to store it since I still wanted it inside. Lucky for me, Von had everything needed with him to do it & did it right then - talk about service! It's always good to get together to get things accomplished and have fun doing it too. Glad you made it too Danny even though you couldn't get here until later. We'll just say your job for this wrenching party was "inspector". Smile

Now for the new problems: - the u-joint that was just replaced is bad, I need a new gear for my speedometer, one of my belly skid bolts is loose, one of my shocks is dented & may not be working correctly, & she doesn't want to go into 2WD again. Is that everything you found Bill??

Bill - I really appreciate you driving so far to get here. I'll return the favor if you ever need help with yours. Sorry my Jeep tried to knock you out. fight Did driving my car make the trip & injury worth it though???? I hope so. I bet you looked like this rabbit going down the road in her.

Thanks again you guys! Now I'm ready for Big Dogs! See you all there.

Last edited by on Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Repair update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair update   Repair update Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Thats about all. The biggest worry should be the rear ujoint. it acts like it doesn't have any needle bearings in it at all it is so loose at the one cap. the other thing is the loose bolt on the skid/transfer case mount. the passenger side has one missing and one loose, the drivers side has one pulling through. Might be able to just drill new holes and tap into the frame. Yeah my head is still aching but not bleeding. Couldnt rest it on a pillow due to teh location of the knot. oh well it was a good day of wrenching. that car is like a rocket, nice and thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Repair update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair update   Repair update Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 10:56 pm

I had the same thing happen with my skid plate bolts...i guess not an uncommon thing with the welds breaking from the factory. I should have taken pictures of the fix...we used an air chissel and chisseled out the factory inserts then took a piece of straight steel and welded nuts on it. After that they fit into the frame in the factory location and the whole piece was welded onto the frame. It wasn't an easy job but it's a great fix. The other side of mine has to be done yet, so for now i just have the same piece of steel just bolted in between the skid and frame to keep it even.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Repair update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair update   Repair update Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 8:26 pm

They break a lot on all models apperntly... I remember the Gon run when Von had to weld Matt's plate back on for the bolts...

Hmmm... how come they have skid plates for body mounts, but not t-case skid bolts? scratch

crap... nobody heard that thought out loud I hope... at least not before I can patent it. pig
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Repair update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair update   Repair update Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 10:05 pm

Hey Tony,

My brother is a patent attorney...you don't have much time now to get your idea patented... Let me know if you want me to call him.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Repair update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair update   Repair update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repair update
Page 1 of 1