Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Advice please?

Go down 
+3
makitupthehardway
88blazeron40s
That1Dude517
7 posters
AuthorMessage
That1Dude517
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:00 pm

So I have this idea and need some advice on whether or not its worth it. I have this 95 Chevy s10 thats 2wd from highschool that doesnt run. It needs a new motor. Also I have this old k5 blazer thats lifted on 35s that used to be a toy back in the day but the floors rusted out. its pretty nasty looking. Is it worth it to take the motor tranny tcase ect.. and put it in my s10 and make a crawler out of it? my buddy and i are lookin for a project for welding ( in college ) and so we would have full access to a welder.
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male
Number of posts : 280
Emploi : EDMS
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:02 am

make it happen if you can! do your research first there are alot of people who have done these swaps with the S-10's
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Just a random idea. Since you have a K5 with 35's on it with the drive train already set up and ready. Why not take the body off the 95 and put it on the K5. Just think you wouldn't have to fight with the battle for the SAS on a 2wd truck. All the mounts for the drivetrain will be set. You will have to refab the body mounts and wire the cab. Wouldn't that be less work in the long run?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Oh yeah who are you and how did you find us?
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:38 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Oh yeah who are you and how did you find us?

I was curious about this, too...

Also, speaking as a life-long GM guy, and having LOTS of experience with both fullsize and S-trucks, I can tell you that you're sitting on a great, yet simple, recipe for a decent rig. Put the S-10 body on the K5 frame. Done, and done.

Identify yourself, first of all. And, if you have any other questions about your trucks, I can help out easily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/index.php
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Oh, yea, I wanna see pics of these two trucks, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/index.php
That1Dude517
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:45 pm

I was thinkin of designing and building a flat bed for it and custom cage. I used to design homes in high school but got out of it cus way to much math involved.
Oh sorry, My name is Kyle im 20 I currently live out in Northern Cali. My rig right now is a 90 XJ. Its lifted 4 1/2 inch lift on 33s. I got a front axle swap on it so no vacume lines. I wheel out here 3 times a week. I got started in wheeling with my s10. it was givin to me lowered but that didnt stop me in highschool. at the time i was working 2 jobs and payin rent for my parents to stay in a hotel. i finally got a nice break in money and was able to afford my jeep. And Google.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Is the floor rust so bad that you couldn't take the body off and use that as your welding project?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Take a look at pirate4x4.com/forum in the chevy section. There is a lot of information there. Plus there are going to be more people from your area. We are all from the east coast.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Eskimo
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
Eskimo

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Why not take the body off the 95 and put it on the K5. Just think you wouldn't have to fight with the battle for the SAS on a 2wd truck.

This.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please?   Advice please? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice please?
Page 1 of 1