Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Work Party - Lets pick a date!!

Go down 
+6
thinga'ma'rig
big94GMC
88blazeron40s
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
Locked_N_Loaded
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Empty
PostSubject: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Ok guys...this has been a longgggg time coming. I've been collecting parts to 4 link my rig for the last few months. All I need is brackets which I'll get, a driveshaft which I'm hoping we can make and fuel lines that I can get from the parts store. Any help is hellishly appreciated. Lets pick a date. I'm down for any weekend other than March 5-7. I'll confirm that for sure after I talk to Julie tonight. Big Dogs is rapidly approaching and I'm tired of my busted ass rig sitting in the garage!

Throw out some dates and lets see what we can come up with. My birthday is the 11th maybe we can start it that weekend or even the following one. Hope I'm not too far ahead of myself, I know Julie mentioned something with that weekend but it's not coming to my brain yet.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm open 9 WHere are you going to have it? Joes, Your place, My place or up at Chris Riley's place? I will travel to any of them.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 pm

I really want to be there to help but life is kinda crazy at the moment. Plan the event and I will try to make it.
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male
Number of posts : 280
Emploi : EDMS
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 am

im in, and im open as well dont have too much lined up at work. so i have no weekend work for the next month! how about the weekend of march 18?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Weekend of the 18th is ok for me. As far as location, I'll leave that up to whoever wants to donate space and whatever is easiest for everybody to get to.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 pm

I can offer my space. CJ will be in for motor swap and the YJ will be outside. 2 bays open. Long drive for Nick but closer for Ryan, Nester, Joe and anyone else down this way. If we don't finish it then it's ok to leave it here.
Then again it would be nice to have a bigger shop like Chris or Joe's Garage. Your choice.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm cool with your joint Bill if that's ok with you. Makes it easier on everybody else that way. The weekend of the 11th is better than the 18th. I forgot we have plans for the weekend of the 18th.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Ok with me. In-law suite will be open for ya either weekend.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:41 pm

I really want to make this work so I can get my seats in mine.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm

So, the weekend of the 11th, not the 18th?
Back to top Go down
http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/index.php
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:31 pm

i will also try to be there
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 am

ok cool im there
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm

ill try to make it down to visit. I don't think my jeep will be able to travel unless i say screw cutting the front end off for now and just install the C.O. so I can have the jeep back up and running. Going the C.O. root would take about a day to do.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Sorry, Nick I'm out.
Back to top Go down
MonsterS10
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MonsterS10

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Can do it in my shop i haven't been able to log on the site for a couple of weeks now stupid computer or i would have posted earlier
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeet mbn

It's probably more logical to do this at Bills in an effort to get everybody together since it is much closer for the MD help. I'm gracious of either spot, you guys choose whatever works out best.
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:48 pm

i would pick bills cause its alot closer for me but then again not my call! i know Chris' is alot closer for you but i might need to crash somewhere if we do it there
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:41 pm

no worries, we got a big couch. Looks like I may be dropping the CJ off that Saturday for it's heart transplant. Won't interfere with the work party.
Back to top Go down
big94GMC
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
big94GMC

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 pm

What dates, again? And how many days?
Back to top Go down
http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/index.php
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Nick, Better talk to Chris and see when he would be able to do the links.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 am

THIS WEEKEND! Nick, Time to iron out some details. Might want to list what exactly we need to do and what you have to get it done. We can put our minds together to see if we're missing anything.
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:06 am

hey nick sorry im not gonna be able to make it now. my grandfather is not doing well at all and i have to make a trip to see him this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Ok...lets make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

1. Brackets (hopefully getting these by Friday)
- coil buckets
- shocks
- truss pieces
- link mounts
2. Fuel cell - need to get lines and fittings
3. Remove broken front spring
4. U-bolts for replacing front spring (might just swap 2 rear springs to front)
5. Links (Chris, I'm gonna give you a call on my drive to MD to finally catch up with you)
6. Johnny Joints (got them)
7. Lengthen rear driveshaft
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
Ok...lets make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

1. Brackets (hopefully getting these by Friday)
- coil buckets
- shocks
- truss pieces
- link mounts
2. Fuel cell - need to get lines and fittings
3. Remove broken front spring
4. U-bolts for replacing front spring (might just swap 2 rear springs to front)
5. Links (Chris, I'm gonna give you a call on my drive to MD to finally catch up with you)
6. Johnny Joints (got them)
7. Lengthen rear driveshaft

Got Jam nuts for the Johnny joints?
Brake lines need extended.
Emergency brake can be relocated and will probably still work.
Do you use an ARB in the rear? if so do you have enough slack to reach after the wheelbase stretch?
might help to have some PVC to mock up the links. I'll check to see if I still have mine.
Need DOM for the driveshaft. not sure of the size you will need. I have some driveshafts that we may be able to salvage from.
I'll buy the beer! My brother in law has a liquor store 5 miles away and I get a discount.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Yup, got the jam nuts. Don't have an ebrake. Not sure on the length for the ARB. I did have extra, not sure if I still do (Matt, did I give you 2 spare lines or just one). If just one I still have another I'll have to dig up. I'll add it to the list anyway, doesn't hurt to have that laying around. I still have a lot of DOM left from the last purchase when we did the seats.

As long as I get paid in time I'll be grabbing some steaks and food and stuff. You're providing the hospitality Bill, I'll get beer too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work Party - Lets pick a date!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next