Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?

Go down 
+2
makitupthehardway
UPNOVER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Empty
PostSubject: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 1:46 pm

Coal Creek..

Has anyone been to or heard of Coal Creek. While reading the horrible story about Paragon someone on Pirate mentioned Coal Creek and Gulches. I have heard that Gulches is small and mainly designed for atv's.
Coal Creek is in TN and looking at the website it looks like a fairly large park. Unfortunately the ride is about 9 hours.
We are very lucky that we have two parks within 3 hours and hopefully it will stay that way.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 7:34 pm

yeah driving to Coal Creek is like running down to tellico is nothing less than a long weekend trip.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 8:10 pm

Is Coal Creek the same as Wind Rocks? I know that is in Oakridge, TN. THe mountain with the big windmills on it. If so, it is definitely a 12 hour drive. But the wheelin' is supposed to be great. THe Southerners prefer it to Tellico because it is easier to get to.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 9:26 pm

Coal Creek is listed in Oliver Springs TN which according to mapquest is 9 hours from me and alittle over 8 from you..
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 12:04 am

Bobbi,
I asked Gaelen (sp) about Coal Creek at your party and he said that wind rock is at the same place. A couple of my friends from Ocean City take their ATVs out there. They say it is about a 12 hr ride for them.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 9:31 am

I'm in. Well I would like to go. it depends on when you guys want to go.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Their website shows 73,000 acres.

577 miles and 9hrs 23 min's.

definitely a long weekend trip.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 8:54 pm

i'm up for the trip. What would be a good time of year for people to make this trip.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Apirl or may for me.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 10:49 pm

I'm all for it! Let's make a plan. I need some time to line up babysitters.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Im off the next two days putting my house for sale and writing a contract on another just to have a garage for the buggy..Everyone keeps telling me Im crazy, but I have went to long working outside.. so I will spend some time and find out hotels and campgrounds and things like that..

I missed Tellico not having a rig and I dont want to miss this..

Anyone want to pick a few weekend dates and I will get pricing. April or May is good for me as long as we plan this far ahead..
Back to top Go down
makeitup
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:32 am

As long as I have a place to sleep and shower I'm good. Hell if I dont have a tow rig by then I will drive my rig down there.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 8:42 am

The only weekends I am not available are April 28-29, and May 12-13. Mother's day is the 13th, so I am sure everybody has someone they should be celebrating that day. :flower:

With enough planning, I should be able to make any other weekend. cheers
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 9:28 am

Hey matt we also need to check whats weather down there like in those months. If its warm enough and we find a camp site with showers we could save some money.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 11:15 am

I will check it out....
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:21 pm

Hey Dude if you need some help let me know. I remember when we got the tellico bug you went crazy digging up info all over the place.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:33 pm

I started another thread under Upcoming trail rides.. Hope thats where it should be..

Your right.. I wanted to go to Tellico so bad.. but it didnt work out and thats ok..another time.. I did enjoy the pic's of you and Bill.

I am having wheeling withdrawls so bad... This weather is killing me.. I just need to man-up and fight the 20degree weather...LOL..
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:36 pm

A nice set of bibs at walmart are cheap and you should fab up some light weight panels to help keep the warmth in. That and one of those ceramic heaters, you can hard wire it to the 4 little squirrels under your hood. Its four right?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:05 pm

Yeah.. its alittle mouse...LOL

I bought nice thermal wear and all and I dont mind the cold but I dont want to get up there in freezing rain.. that would be miserable..

but I cant take it much longer ... This web wheeling dont do much for me...
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 6:09 pm

Yeah I want to get out this weekend but I have a bunch of things I need to do so I don't think its going to happen. :cry:
Back to top Go down
Parts Guy
Open/Open
Open/Open
Parts Guy

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 pm

I would be up for something like this as long as it isnt Tellico as the trails at Paragon are much better then those at Tellico
Nester are you sure you want to drive the Jeep down there , there isnt a passenger seat to fall asleep in on the way down. Ha Ha Ha
I will definitely be in for this trip as I also hear that this park is awesome to wheel at !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:09 am

Yeah, well I should hopefully have a tow rig by then and maybe I can get someone to drive for me so I can be naping. I got spoiled on the way down to Tellico.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?   Coal Creek.. Anyone been there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek.. Anyone been there?
Page 1 of 1