Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Now that I broke a rim.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Now that I broke a rim. Empty
PostSubject: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 am

So, I know I got input from a number of you guys Sunday after we got back to camp. For those that don't know I took the YJ thru Bunny after Chuck Ryan and Chris did. I made it thru with no issue till the exit. I got pinched so hard that I needed two winch lines to get out. I made it out in the end with a bent up tail gate and a chunk missing from my rear passenger rim. So know I'm faced with, how to fix this? Bite the bullet and buy some nice aluminum beadlocks, buy steel beadlocks or forget about the beadlocks and get some regular rims? Please any opinions/advise is welcome. Anything from brands to stay away from to dealers I want to check with. Keep in mind the YJ is still street legal and I have no intentions of changing that. Thanks to Ryan, Chis and Chuck for the peer pressure to run Bunny and the help to get me out of that tight spot. I loved every minute.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 pm

If you wheeled regularly and had an issue with loosing the bead then I would recommend making the investment in beadlocks. Since you wheel just once a year or so then I'd say just replace the busted rim and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:48 pm

i agree with bill
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:03 pm

wheels

Buy these Mickey Thompson Classics for $250
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 am

I can't ever get the RC forum to work for me. Can someone pass my email to that guy.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 am

makitupthehardway wrote:
I can't ever get the RC forum to work for me. Can someone pass my email to that guy.

Done, sent the aim email to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that I broke a rim.   Now that I broke a rim. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now that I broke a rim.
Page 1 of 1