Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Dana44 Leaking?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Dana44 Leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Dana44 Leaking?   Dana44 Leaking? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:32 pm

Well I thought I just overfilled it but that is definetley not the case after keeping a close eye on it and checking the fluid level now and then.

My front Dana44 is pushing gear oil out of the breather right where it comes out of the top of the pumpkin. I have an ARB in it so thanks to the "Rich curse" as I'm now calling it, I'm wondering if I have a seal or something that went bad with the air locker. Note...I never had any issues with my air lockers until Rich said about them being a pain in the ass and stuff failing and blah blah...ever since then it's been bad luck. He cursed you too Bill in case you're looking for somebody to blame!

Anyway I'm making this a long post for no reason...any ideas as to why I'm pushing gear oil?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Dana44 Leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana44 Leaking?   Dana44 Leaking? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 12:01 am

over heating? last time I went wheeling on the way home my bearing finally gave up and caused the fluid to heat up. fluid came out the vent tube, though the vents in my hood and onto my widshield. Other things that would cause over heating other than bad bearings, are not enough backlash or too much bearing preload.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Dana44 Leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana44 Leaking?   Dana44 Leaking? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 12:20 am

Yah I think it is over heating because it happens at highway speeds with some distance. Noticed it happening the first time driving to Rausch and it shot gear oil all over the rig behind me. Guess it's time to open it up and see what's going on. Last time it was opened up and inspected it seemed to be wearing just fine so I think it's a bearing. Thanks for the help I'll give an update - hopefully the shops slow tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Dana44 Leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana44 Leaking?   Dana44 Leaking? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 8:13 am

Same thing happened to me on the way to Kat's house for some wrenching. First time on the highway with the new 44s. Gear Oil everywhere...coming out the breather tube. God, that stuff stinks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dana44 Leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana44 Leaking?   Dana44 Leaking? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dana44 Leaking?
Page 1 of 1