Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Trash Cleanup...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Trash Cleanup... Empty
PostSubject: Trash Cleanup...   Trash Cleanup... Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 1:28 am

I was watching about the Glamis dunes and how hard the enthusiasts and "duners" worked to rescue their wheeling land. It reminded me of a rule I feel would be important for our trail rides. When you see trash on the trail pick it up! Whether this means stopping the convoy for a second or not it is worth it and much better than seeing that same piece of trash the next time you pass by on the same trail on your next trail ride. I'm not one for rules but i HATE seeing trash in the woods. I don't think we should see any trash on any of the rausch trails, for instance, and with a few club runs going through with people picking up a can or bottle here will make a big difference. You're not any better bitching about the low life that tossed his beer can in the woods by angrily passing by (i've been guilty of this too!).

Sorry that's my rant but it relates back into the dunes. They came up with bags with a slogan on them "if you want to stay and play, take your trash away!" and they served as garbage bags for each and every OHV enthusiast in the dunes. I like this idea and we would all have a great sense of pride knowing that each and every one of us wil be responsible for litter free trails at rausch! Come up with some Rausch bags sponsored by MRR then turn it nationwide with the big dog sponsors of tread ligthly, warn, superlift, arb etc etc - ok ok i'm getting out of control but it is a serious notion

I never thought i'd be sitting here typing something like this up but I feel pretty strongly about it and I hope as a Maryland Rock Raider you will step up to the responsibility of creating a litter free rausch.
Back to top Go down

Trash Cleanup...
Page 1 of 1