Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

vent lines???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

vent lines??? Empty
PostSubject: vent lines???   vent lines??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 am

so i had water in every thing im kind of shocked i made it home. im woundering if i can put check valves on all the vent lines or if i should just get longer hoses and run them up into the cab some where. let me know what you think...........thanks...........cameron
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

vent lines??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent lines???   vent lines??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:46 am

I have seen it done many ways. You could extend all your stock hoses and the and the top of the fire wall you get a PVC/Nylon elbow. At the highest point under the hood you drill holes and set the hose to a elbow thru the hole in the fire wall. Then silicone all the lines. Remember this will help but if your in the mud alot you will get mud in everyything no matter what you do. Mud eats and works at everything you get it on or in. gears, bearings, hoses, drive pulleys, radiators, motor, trans etc. mud can kill your jeep if you let it. Personally I do my best to stick to rocks and I stay away from the deep stuff. Best thing to do is make sure you keep you change you drivetrain fluids everything 3 or 4 times are wheel to make sure you have fresh oil. If you wheel once a month that means you do it with the change of every season. Most of us in the club follow that rule of thumb and it seems to work well.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

vent lines??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent lines???   vent lines??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 8:43 pm

I just saw one of the coolest things for ventlines the other day. A friend bought a new Can-Am Outlander 4wheeler on it they use a small rubber canister about the size of a D battery made of flexible plastic. It is acordian type stuff so it will expand and contract easily as needed. My daughter used to have finger paints that come in this type of container. It's perfect. If you get on Can-Ams web site you should be able to see it on a rear diff. pic. Do not use the check valve, it'll just suck the muck in through axle seals and take out the outer bearingsif not the entire diff. set. The easiest/most effective way is just to run them into the cabin, however if you street it you may get a smell on a long drive. Even though I always look for the deep stuff, I agree, It's very destuctive. Fun though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

vent lines??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent lines???   vent lines??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 5:19 pm

Saw this on one of the comp vehicles at werock
vent lines??? E89132e1
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

vent lines??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent lines???   vent lines??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 5:49 pm

Yep, thats the critter ! Dont get much better than that. Exactly what Can-Am uses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Sponsored content

vent lines??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent lines???   vent lines??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vent lines???
Page 1 of 1