Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Wrenchin party 6/23

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Wrenchin party 6/23 Empty
PostSubject: Wrenchin party 6/23   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Looking to finally take the stock out of the Jeep and the suggestion was to throw a Wrenching party.

Looking to do it Saturday June 23rd. Figure start about 11am so we can finish early dinner time - then I'll fire up the grill and break out the booze!

What Im looking to acomplish is
4" rough country lift (4" Series II Suspension Kit includes:
* Front and rear coil springs
* Front and rear lower control arms
* Transfer case drop kit
* Front and rear track bar drop bracket
* Sway bar links
* Power steering pitman arm
* 4 Rough Country 8000 series shocks
New Brake lines
Warn Oil pan skid plate, 4wd steering box cover
Think thats all I'll need so i can put on 33s at thgis time

True be told I'm not a mechanic and my tools are limited but I do take directions well. Any help and toolbox is appreciated.

I'm located in Severn just a couple miles north of FT Meade between 175 and 100. Just lemme know if you can gimme a hand and Ill send specific direction. Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: yeah   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:34 pm

sounds cool but i woulnt count on gettin that done in a few hours with out an impact wrench/compressor and you should start spayin all the bolt that need to come out afew day before hand with pb blaster lots of it......cameron
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wrenchin party 6/23   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:46 pm

you may want to start earlier then that like 9 or so. If you had it at a shop and didn't wast any time bs-ing you could do it in four hours or so but I don't see that that kind of timeframe working in a driveway. best way to go about it is work on it all day sat. and plan on finishing up sunday. This leaves a comfort bumper in there for the mistakes your going to make.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrenchin party 6/23   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Good ideas - I can always start as early as volunteers can, Im only guessing at the time frame at this point. Ive never done anything near like this so Im relying on the minds of others. If I need to look into renting specific tools then I can always make a list and do what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Wrenchin party 6/23   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:09 pm

If you get a good start and everyone that is helping is doing something you should be able to get it done in a long day. Air tools would be a big help and a pitman arm puller is the only speciality tool you will need. the skids bolt on easy to leave them to do last in case you run out of time you can to them on your own on sunday. a full set of sockets and wrenches and a good breaker bar. Power wash your jeep on thrusday and start spraying PB blaster that night the following morning that afternoon and so on.

Hey Danny without the SYE how long do you think it took to do your lift?

Hey Gill dont forget to buy some rear drive shaft u-joints. with a 4 inch lift and no CV rear driveshaft your going to eat thru them every 3-6 months depending on how much you drive your jeep and how often you wheel. I would suggest your next mod be a SYE kit and CV driveshaft. Throwing a ujoint on 81 at 9pm at night on a sunday night isnt fun for you or the car behind you that it hits. Thanks for the help that night Rich.

I would love to help that day but I have another friend that has asked for my help and comic relief. Let me know when your ready to do that SYE have done a couple for the club and a couple of friends down here. enjoy your wrenching party its always a blast to wrench then grub and have a cold one. 8
Back to top Go down
Canepole
Open/Open
Open/Open
Canepole

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Did this ever happen?   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:23 am

How long did this install actually take? Was it enough lift for 35's instead of 33's? Did you eventually have to buy the other mods they suggested?

I'm only asking because I'm shopping around for a lift as well. And hope to have someone school me in the install procedures. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Are you going to the outing on the 8th. If so I'll see you there.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrenchin party 6/23   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 am

wow thats a blast from the past -- the event ended up not happening. I got under a time crunch trying to get it ready for a vacation. Since I hadnt done anything like it before, didnt have a place to have it in pieces for a length of and couldnt risk screwing it up I ended up playing a place to have it done. It was a good thing since I decided to go the sye route at the same time. I went the 4 and am running 33s. 35 may have worked with some modifications but then I drive it everyday. Im gonna try to be up on Sunday the 9th, had something interfer on the 8th.
Back to top Go down
Canepole
Open/Open
Open/Open
Canepole

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Hey thanks for the reply   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:10 pm

That's cool. How much did the shop charge? Was it decent? You'll be there un Sumday then.....sweet. Hope to ride with you some. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrenchin party 6/23   Wrenchin party 6/23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrenchin party 6/23
Page 1 of 1