Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

she's running cold now

Go down 
+3
connordanny
The Devil Dog
md4wheelin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

she's running cold now Empty
PostSubject: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:35 pm

After the last trip out with the zj over heating I decided to do something about it. I cut out the ac radiator and got rid of it and put in a new radiator for the motor/tranny. Now the jeep is running 1 line below the 210 where it used to run just above the 210 mbn Then with the gas pushed it drops even lower. 9 Also with the ac and fan shroud being gone I have plenty of room to be able wash it out in the event that it does get some Mud in it. Anyway I got one more thing to fix which is the bent rim and I should be good to go for the show. i'm hoping by the next run my axels should be finnished and i'll be able to get those 36" swampers under it that I picked up last week. Though it looks like i'm going to dosome sawzawing to get them bad boys to fit under full flex.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:16 am

Just make sure to bend back the sharp edges or they will cut your tires like butter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:34 am

md4wheelin wrote:
9 Also with the ac and fan shroud being gone I have plenty of room to be able wash it out in the event that it does get some Mud in it.

HaHa! You make it sound like there is a chance you won't get mud in there again!

Let me know when its time to break out the sawzall. I'll leave my cube and come over to help out.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:50 pm

When are you wheeling to GC again? I have some cutting and trimming to do before I can wheel with the new tires.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:16 pm

I ran it up the show sat on the rocks and it did great. The crowd actualy cheered and clapped mbn sdsfhhgdigdhfo It was a good moment for the zj because a jeep in front of me with 37's had so much trouble getting across asdyuysigidfdjbisd and i walked it with no probs and on 33's after they told me I was to small to do the course. I had to beg them to let me do it. The guy let me on after seeing that I was with the MRR. I'm going to make it out for the next run in aug. If I get the axels under it with the 36's i'm probly go down to big dogs, if I still have the 33's under it i'll run at RC with everyone else. Kind of stinks that all the big dog events fall on our monthly trail riding weekend. Tranny is still acting up, D seems to lack power when you start from a dead stop, but its still running strong in 1st, 2nd and reverse no slipping or anything just vibrating which some one said could be do to a cracked plate inside. so instead of rebuilding it next week like I planed at $1400 I may just leave it in and see how long it will run like that and invest some more money into the axels......or maybe a roll cage of some sort seeing how many close calls ive had.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:25 pm

well I spoke to soon I went to take the zj off the trailer and found out that ive had for the first time ever, trailer carnage.
she's running cold now P1010172
she's running cold now P1010168
best I can figure it must of broke comming down 83 on the trailer from the jeep swaying back and forth from all the sway bars being disconected. I guess getting the axels under is priority number 1 now.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:41 pm

Joe are you sure the trailer did that. I looks like somthing else did that. Is the axle bent or just a bracket break loose.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 9:50 pm

on the picture it looks like the axle tube is bent.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 7:59 am

It was the welded bracket from the factory that the rear track bar and driverside control arm mount to. Probly what happened was it was cracked and the trip home just finished it off. I'm just happy it didn't let go on the rock course in front of everyone. That would of been a real bummer.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:13 pm

hey its one more bracket you don't have to cut off
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:14 pm

hmmm thats a good point, damn Id wish they all would do that now.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:37 pm

you got rid of the fan shroud? doesn't the shroud help the fan to draw air through the radiator more efficiently?
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:45 pm

That had to happend while you where on the rocks and it weakend it further while you got on the road. But good to hear you tyoo had a good time.

A lot of us think we are not known, let me tell you the name Maryland Rock Raider carries weight, in places that it need to. Just ask everyone that was at the event, they got treaded special and given priority for stuff.
Our reputation carries weight. Let keep it in a good standing and carry forward the brotherhood we foster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 11:09 pm

hey bill i think your right if it is that you just remove the shroud. but joe added a fan or something right?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
you got rid of the fan shroud? doesn't the shroud help the fan to draw air through the radiator more efficiently?

good question scratch i'm not really sure, makes sense though. I thought about adding a fan but I wanted to see how well the new radiator did before I worried about it. I still have the shroud though if thats the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: she's running cold now   she's running cold now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

she's running cold now
Page 1 of 1