Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

More bad news for Paragon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

More bad news for Paragon Empty
PostSubject: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Apparently Paragon 2 is shut down due to "zoning restrictions".

http://www.bmja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24664

Also...Paragon forum link

http://paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11673&page=58&pp=20

"Here is the article in the Pottsville Republican on Friday Morning...WHEN ARE THESE PEOPLE GOING TO LET UP ON KYLE AND STEPH...IT HAS TO STOP...

Paragon seeks zoning exception
BY SHAWN A. HESSINGER
TAMAQUA BUREAU CHIEF
shessinger@republicanherald.com

08/03/2007

http://www.republicanherald.com/ima...his_article.gifEmail to a friendhttp://www.republicanherald.com/images/printversion.gifPrinter-friendly

More than 70 local residents and others concerned over the proposal of a park for off-road enthusiasts in North Union Township crowded a courtroom on the second floor of the courthouse Thursday.

But only one local resident had a chance to testify in a hearing before the Schuylkill County Zoning Hearing Board that will be continued until 7:45 p.m. Sept. 6.

“I believe it will be a detriment to the community,” said Gregory Isabella, a Philadelphia resident and part-time resident of Zion Grove who lives across the road from the site.

Isabella said he planned to relocate to the area full time in five years and was concerned the proposed land use on parcels zoned agricultural and residential would lead to trespassing, litter and environmental problems.

But James Scallion, an attorney representing Paragon Adventure Park, the company proposing the park, reiterated testimony that the park’s presence would likely prevent both.

Paragon owner Kyle Knosp had operated a previous park until recently in Hazle Township, Luzerne County, and told the zoning hearing board the new use would barely be noticed by residents of a nearby development.

“A lawn mower causes more noise than our average customer,” Knosp said.

Compared to the larger park partially located in both Schuylkill and Luzerne counties, Knosp said the new park would not include ATVs, dirt bikes or other exclusively off-road vehicles.

While Knosp estimated attracting an average of 25,000 participants annually to the earlier site in an interview this week, he said Thursday the new park would draw a maximum of 100 vehicles a day and mostly on weekends.

But attorneys Charles Pedri, an attorney for concerned residents, and Paul Domalakes, solicitor for the North Union Township supervisors, presented concerns about vehicles racing through wooded areas at 15 mph, wading through mudholes and spilling break fluid and oil.

They presented photos and information from Knosp’s current website which he said does not adequately represent activities for the new site.

John Bonner, a neighboring property owner of Knosp’s original park in Luzerne County, said the presence of the recreation area had cut down on both trespassing and illegal dumping on the property, some of which is former mine land."
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:31 am

You know it's sad that ignorance plays a huge factor here in that town. They only see the the hand in their face and not the arm. Let's look at the employment, revenue and over all benefit to the town. As enviromentally as the associations are they should send people there to educate them more on our style of off road use.

Thanks Bill, it has been a whiile since I heard anything about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:27 pm

I didn't read it yet but when I opened my business I had to apply for permits and a zoning application. The zoning had to be approved before I could open. If PA works the same way then how can they change their mind later? This smells dirty to me.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:29 pm

People are always going to complain but something does sound fishy. Suspect you would think that after getting closed and having to move that they would figure for something like this. Did they lower there prices yet?
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:10 pm

I am willing to bet that there is more to this than meets the eye. There has to be some type of political or personal agenda against Kyle and the Paragon. They should just get a place central to PA, begin anew with a new name entity, that way they can start over fresh , they already posses the knowledeg of what it take to make things work, then move from there. and You said Bill they should also have checked everything before openning the doors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:30 pm

I don't remember if it was the owner of Paragon in the early years by Reid (i think that was the name), but i remember they had to go through zoning bs too. It could have been Kyle and Steph, but i thought it was right before they got the park. I could be way off here but I'm almost positive they went through zoning problems from the start years ago. Does this ring a bell to anybody?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More bad news for Paragon   More bad news for Paragon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More bad news for Paragon
Page 1 of 1