Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

axel install

Go down 
+2
makitupthehardway
md4wheelin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

axel install Empty
PostSubject: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 7:12 pm

I was wondering if any one was availble next sat to help me put my new rear axel together that has a heavy duty portable welder. I have a small welder but its only good for tacking. It doesnt have a real good penitration on the thick axel tubes. I cut all the brackets off my d35 this weekend and will have the 8.8 stripped by the end of the week so its just a matter of welding it all together.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey Joe I think your welder would do fine. If not maybe try tacking everything in place and then take it to someone with a more powerful welder.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 pm

yea thats probley the route i'll have to go with tacking it and then taking to one of my buddies shops to get welded.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:22 am

Hey Joe,

I'll be in Towson on Saturday to help my sister and brother in law move in the morning. Its not supposed to take all day, so I could help out in the afternoon. I don't have the welder though.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm

any help is alway appreciated, sides I think I owe you a couple of beers anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:23 pm

are you working on it Sunday? If so I might be able to help then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:25 pm

Hey Joe I will stop by on saturday.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 pm

yep I'll be working on all day sat. I got plenty of food and beer for everybody.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:23 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
yep I'll be working on all day sat. I got plenty of food and beer for everybody.
Hey can you answer my questions here! what am I chop liver? Twisted Evil Are you doing anything Sunday or is it saturday only? I don't get out of work until 6PM or so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:56 am

sorry hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh miss read what you posted I thought it said sat. Thats why I posted about food sat. I'll be working on it sunday also. I have to fix the power steering and stuff along with swapping the other axel under the front of it. So feel free to swing by i'll save some food and beer for ya hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:24 pm

finished the 8.8 today and did a test fit. Looking pretty good on those 36's. The only prob I ran into was that my exaust doest look like it will clear the drive shaft. I guess i'm going to have to ditch it and go with a turn down pipe instead.
axel install P8260259
axel install P8250255
axel install P8260260
axel install P8260261
now I have to order shocks tomorow, install a power stering pump, swap out front axel, finish welding the 8.8, paint it, reinstall brake lines, armor up the front crontrol arm mounts, do hubs and brake lines on mandys jeep by next sunday. scratch This is starting to seem more like a job then a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:31 am

Its a lot of work but in the end you will enjoy it all that much more.mbn
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Yeah it wasn't that bad was it. Sorry I couldn't make it up sunday I was a little tied up. Maybe I can come out this coming weekend.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:05 pm

well I'm a happy camper today the jeep moved under its own power today cheers I was real worried about the tires clearing the fender/ pinch seam flexd in a full turn but I was able to trim enough metal to have a full 1/2" inch of clearence at full flex 9 trust me in the zj world thats alot with that big of tires. I just have to go back and redo the brake lines to make them pretty. I'm running the oem ones now just so I can move the jeep around. Were should I go for real good brake flaring kit.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:12 pm

That alot of tire for a GC glad you got it done intime for your run at Big dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

axel install Empty
PostSubject: Re: axel install   axel install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

axel install
Page 1 of 1