Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS-

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS- Empty
PostSubject: NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS-   NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS- Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:22 am

PLEASE

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.
This virus acts in the following manner:
It sends
itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title:
"You've received a Post Card from a Family member".

As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so
that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl + alt + del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York , according to news broadcast by CNN.

This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.
So don't open any mails with subject: "A Post Card from ." As soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if

you know the sender !!!

Please pass this mail to all of your friends.

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I'm sure most people, like myself, would rather receive this notice 25 times than not at All
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS-   NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS- Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 am

thanks for the info tico but this should go in the non 4x4 discusion.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS-   NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS- Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:03 pm

I get hit in my box a few times over past couple weeks - its postcard from admirer, friend, lost love whatever. You should never open an attachment from anyone including friends unless you know its coming.

The one thing Ive seen that takes down even more computers is the popup - you may have a virus click here to clean. If it happens close it then manually run your virus scan if you are worried. It pretends its your antiV and when you click it downloaded a program and since you invited it - it has an open door. I had to completely wipe a machine at work that had this - turned teh computer into a redialer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS-   NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOTICE OF A NEW VIRUS-
Page 1 of 1