Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

lesson learn from ADA run

Go down 
+2
The Devil Dog
mdcj7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

lesson learn from ADA run Empty
PostSubject: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 5:59 pm

I learn some new thing on the ADA run. First if you get stuck in mud turn you engine off while trying to figure the best extraction method. My clutch went out due to mud as my jeep idle it kept filtering the mud through the fingers of the clutch pressure plate. When I push in the clutch petal the mud kept the clutch disengaged and would not grab. Second lesson before you take everything apart spray the clutch with water real good. After having the pressure plate out I use a hose and washed out the mud and watch it go back to normal. Lesson three jeeps don't swim stay out of the deep mud.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:02 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: water   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:45 am

ha no way jeeps take to water like ducks.........well for short periods of time anyways.........glad to hear it was some thing simple ....cameron
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Well I might not of taken as deep of a bath as you but I did bring home some water from Rausch..

Pulled down the front diff to replace the leaking axle seal I knew about and everything was full of water..

Waiting till the morning to try and find a new set of Warn Premium hubs.. The springs are rusty and I dont want to take a chance..

shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Good to hear it was something simple and not major.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:04 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Good to hear it was something simple and not major.

I'm still putting in a new clutch. Even that everything may be fine I have this fear of putting the used clutch back in and having to do all over again. I got water in tranfercase front and rear diff. Today I put new front output seal in transfercase and change front and rear diff fliud. Trans looks good nice and clear. Should have it back together this coming weekend or next.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:23 pm

all this is why I gave up running the Pine Barrens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lesson learn from ADA run   lesson learn from ADA run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lesson learn from ADA run
Page 1 of 1