Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Reunion of friends

Go down 
+2
UPNOVER
The Devil Dog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Mike Slater best known as (tree frog) is a members of the US Army and recently made a special trip to Rausch Creek to shake out the cobwebs from his Jeep, almost a year before was his last outing with both the club and at Rausch creek. Joining in where Nester, Erick Orr, Randy Woods on Saturday, then Tico and Waldo on Sunday.

I don't have the details for Saturday, but I am sure someone else will fill us in later. But Sunday was a great day! After breakfast, we met at the park and set up for the run, chatting and caring on it wasn't until at least 9:30 or so before we got started. We wanted to have a light day but with some spike. Nester took the charge and let the group today. Thanks Nester you did a great job.

Nester must have been playing very hard on Saturday, because after about 30 minutes of ridding, he broke the leave spring pin. We stopped on trail 1A after going through the outer sections of winch hill. After about a hour we got started again and for most of the day we did good, we traveled down to the South property after playing on trail 2 off of D trial where we pick up Brian and his family. We got to lake Christy, did the water driving and then left almost as quickly to continue our journey. Then the Quarry, we had a good time there too. As the day wore out we headed toward the Comp Course. While Mike, Brian, Waldo and I were playing on the Comp Course, Nester and Eric were prepping their rigs to go home.

The Comp Course proved to be an excellent place to play again. BIG BIG rocks and chilling moments. Let's say I had a near flip! Pictures are yet to come. It was great to see Mike Slater again and share some time ridding. Pleasant journey on the way home...

Fell free to post your account of the day too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:38 pm

Dont leave us hanging get the pic's posted..please..

I thank my $2 fitting on my arb for missing the day....i do have a credit at the comfort inn for the next trip...That was cool, soon as they heard I was a Raider they offered the credit.. SWEET..
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:45 pm

i have a pic of the near flip on my phone but its battery is dead so i'll post it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:52 pm

Well I had a great time. Sorry about the center pin guys yeah we played pretty hard on Saturday lots of rocks it was alot of fun. Mike did keet up very well and had a blast. I hope you had fun Mike. Randy ran with another group on Saturday and had a miss hap on the start of trail 5. His gas stuck and thru him off a rock in to a tree. So his bronco is know in question with a broken radiator and support for the front clip of the bronco. Randy was strapped in and came away okay. I helped the boys from KGB (great guys) and recovered his rig and had it brought back to the staging area. Tough break for Randy, Bill we need to talk cause he is going to need to be pushed to fix it. He doesn't think it will be ready for comp. Sunday on the other hand started with the morning after drinking a ton of beers and I woke up with a bit of a head ache but there is nothing that truck stop food can't fix cheers I can say it was a good day I just needed to fix a center pin but other than that it was a blast. Hope to do it again soon.
Back to top Go down
treefrog
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
treefrog

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 pm

I made it in Monday morning. (I left Pine Grove at 0215 on Monday).
The Rubi is a little bruised up and I'll start working on it in a little while. No major damage, just a lot of little things to fix before they become big issues.
I had a great time. Got to see a bunch of people I haven't seen since I left MD and meet some new people.
I hope Waldo's pic turns out good of Tico almost rolling. Should have taken a few pics of it before I grabbed your Jeep Tico. You should have seen it Nester. Tico will be pulling seat cushion out of his butt for a month. That will be one of those stories that starts off with, "And there I was."
Good times. Hopefully I can do it again before I get shipped off to the sand box.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Here are the pictures and videos taken for the day   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5k12Ehfi9o

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/FK7Nb8dC
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:52 pm

treefrog wrote:

I hope Waldo's pic turns out good of Tico almost rolling. Should have taken a few pics of it before I grabbed your Jeep Tico. You should have seen it Nester. Tico will be pulling seat cushion out of his butt for a month. .

you were already pulling it down so its only at knee height in the pic
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:09 pm

Great job on the slideshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EORR
Open/Open
Open/Open
EORR

Male
Number of posts : 8

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:01 am

It has been just over a year since I joined MMR. In that time have spent countless hours building my YJ from the frame-up. This weekend was my first weekend of DRIVING driving2 instead of riding shotgun in some one elses rig. I had a great time. Mike, glad to hear that you got home without incedent. It was nice to finaly meet you, you are cool, NO MATTER WHAT NESTER says about you (HOOHA) GO ARMY. adsffgjxvbkvhsd Nester, THANKS for all those counless wrenching sessions that got me there this weekend, could not have done it without you, at least not correctly. 7 Tico you will be seeing my dues in the next couple of day hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh Waldo nice to meet you and look forward to riding with you again. mbn

WHEN IS THE NEXT TRAIL RIDE?
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:11 am

i'll be going up on the 3rd and 4th of nov. if my jeep is fixed and the new parts are on by then by then
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 pm

waldo27 wrote:
i'll be going up on the 3rd and 4th of nov. if my jeep is fixed and the new parts are on by then by then
hey Waldo, send me the picture you got from the rock.
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 pm

sent it to your phone
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:21 pm

waldo what broke or are you just getting new parts?
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:08 pm

left rear axle seal is leaking dealer said they would warranty it but they dont know its been off road so we'll see what happen's tuesday

also new skid plates (oil pan steering box and diff cover)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reunion of friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion of friends   Reunion of friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reunion of friends
Page 1 of 1