Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Skyline Drive Meet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:15 am

Hey how did it all go this weekend? It must have been awesome for those of you there. With the changing of the leafs it must have been great. Do tell and show some pics please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Yeah it was nice. Greg did great with helping with the lead duties. We all had a blast and enjoyed the day.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:16 pm

Damn Son, gonna have to teach you to express yourself better, like is that all there is to say. Can we get a discriptive story of this? jocolor Question
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 pm

Nope I dont want to lol! lol!

Greg or Gill are more than welcome to tell the story.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:48 pm

I will tonight but Tico needs to start a photo album on the meetup so I can upload some pics

Hey wife had a good time and happy wife = happy life
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 4:18 pm

Hey Gill go to hear you had fun. We had a blast and after having to look at your rig and Gregs Rubicon Emily and I have come to the conclusion that the WJ needs more lift.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:47 pm

we had a good time. really missed driving the jeep but the kids were sniffing that morning. brought the excursion so they could relax and watch movies if they wanted. the boys really liked the hike and climbing on the rocks. The beer hit the spot with the Outback food.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Wow - where to start?

Fantastic day, clear skys, cool but not cold, traffic from Severn to Warrenton was light - that sums it up! We pulled in at 9 and met with Nestor and Emily, Greg, Ruth and her son Eric and his 2 kids. About 9:15 we headed to Burger King for breakfast where Amanda and Shawn met us then headed back to Sheetz where Bill and his family arrived in the battleship - I mean Excursion. With that I took the top down from the jeep and made sure my wife had a sweatshirt handy. Nestor leaded the way to Thornton's gap which is the second entrance headed south. Stopped at an overlook where we turned to head south. Greg took the lead where we took a slow drive to the pinnacles picnic area for a quick break then on to more overlooks. It amazes me looking down into the towns what you can see, then thinking the history what a battery of artillery could see during the civil war!

The main stop was Hawksbill mountain - the highest peak in the park where we all found out what shape we were in. A mile up hill and a mile back. Did more of teh dashboard diner than a formal lunch. After a few more scenics and a stop at big meadows we exited around swift run gap about mile 65. The day was fairly young, early afternoon so we headed north but got sidelined by POTTERY!

Then we got back on the road where Emily called the Outback in Warrenton (I think) and warned them we were coming - they were not prepared. All in all a good dinner with a couple minor twists. Finally broke up around 7 where Shawn and Amanda headed back to Frostburg, Greg and Cindy and I headed north towards Ft Meade, The Giilbert's on there way and Nestor and Emily to nearby.

Pulled in around 9pm, woke the wife who was wrapped in coats and sweat shirts (top was up but windows werent in - oops) and headed inside. All in all a great non-mud day
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:40 pm

It was a great day but not one without breakage.

Yay for brake calipers going bad and almost causing an accident. O well. Tis a jeep.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:28 pm

That was a great story, than you, I can vision the events as they unfold. As well as wished I had comewith you all. But I know Nester had a good handle on things.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 pm

ok some pics up http://jeep.meetup.com/201/photos/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skyline Drive Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyline Drive Meet   Skyline Drive Meet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyline Drive Meet
Page 1 of 1