Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Just got my first jeep

Go down 
+5
rockdw72
Locked_N_Loaded
waldo27
Allium
s-n-o-w
9 posters
AuthorMessage
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Just got my first jeep Empty
PostSubject: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:17 pm

Well, I went from a 1997 Cavalier to a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. The cavalier was my first car but now I finally have something I want!

So far its just Stock, a week after I got it(about 3 days ago) I put in an order for some 31x10.15x15 Mud tires and a 3.5" suspension lift.

I would go for more but it is my daily driver.

The second day I owned it I found a steep hill leading into the woods and decided what the hell. Its been raining alot so I did find a construction site that I may or may not have been climbing up mounds and such Wink

no pictures from the rain but here are a few that I had on my phone:

Just got my first jeep Photo_102007_010.th
Just got my first jeep Photo_102007_018.th
Just got my first jeep Photo_102007_015.th
(click for bigger pic

once I reach the limit of how far I will go for a daily driver I will pick up a wrangler and make a real trail rig.

So my things that are left to buy:
-Winch
-Roof Rack for 5th tire
-Jack that will get high enough(All I can find is 18" in stores
-Skid Plates

I am sure much more

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:34 pm

You are so screwed now! My wrangler is my daily and just saw pavement for the first 3 years until I started talking with one of the club members (crazy Jimmy) about taking it off road a few months ago. Well that was a 4" lift, 33"tires, skid plates ago. Have sitting in my office at work more armor and disconnects. Oh and a couple nights ago picked up a cherokee so the wife can come out with me (and not drive the TJ!). Needless to say - its addicting.

The group has always been more than helpful. From dragging me off stuff a half a dozen (or so) times pre lift to answering any of my many dumb questions. The monthly club runs are a blast and we usually have enough to split groups so you can find one at you skill set. It's truly all ages and types. As for the jack - Check Harbor frieght for a farm jack - thats where I got mine.

Step one should be tow points front and rear, Tow strap with loops but no metal hooks, the jack has been helpful, a CB - must have for the trail (got a second $59 one from radio shack today), armor - they say for a cherokee the rock sliders are a must, oil pan skid plate. Thats a good start and was mine and is my check list for my new addition.

Welcome to the group - join the club!
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:40 pm

welcome to the club. cant wait to see you on the trails
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:00 pm

well, today I found a jack.

I have a tow setup so I guess that cant count as a tow point on the rear.

I have metal hooks on the front of that brush guard(which came with it)

Lift will be on next weekend so I dont have to worry about any big runs pre lift and tires. I will prolly venture out the weekend after that to someplace.

My uncle has a hummer h3 and wants to get me stuck so he can take pictures towing me out.

His H3 is stock so with a lift and mud tires I am hoping its the other way around.

Can any1 say hummer recovery vehicle?

I will find out when the next club meeting is and try to make it out
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Always thought the H1 was the military version light, making the H2 the H1 light version. So what is an H3 an H2 ultralight?.

SUV is just another term for Jeep wannabes
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:51 pm

the H1 is the military version

the H2 is that HUGE SUV version that gets about 6 MPG

The h3 is in between. Its a 5 cylinder engine and smaller then the H1 but has the looks of an h2. Pretty much a raised SUV.

I dont know how it performs compared to modified jeeps, I am sure it would beat a jeep Cherokee with no mods, but with a lift and mud tires it should not be a problem
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 am

H3s are fun driving2 As much as I would LOVE to knock it...I can't. Well unless you like getting to 60 before 23904832 seconds. Trail wise though, it is VERY capable. I was running low blacks in Colorado. Anwyay...everytime i see your usuername i thinkg Informer.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:43 pm

I haven't heard that song in a while, blast from the past back when I used to hang at skateland. now its stuck in my head
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 pm

What do you mean you'll find a wrangler and make a real trail rig asdyuysigidfdjbisd 4 I'll have to let you see what my zj can do sometime to change your views. As for the Habor Freight jack, If you use it your taking your own life in your hands. 9 times out of 10 the metal fails on the first or second use and drops the jeep. Go with american metal or nothing at all when it comes to stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
What do you mean you'll find a wrangler and make a real trail rig asdyuysigidfdjbisd 4 I'll have to let you see what my zj can do sometime to change your views. As for the Habor Freight jack, If you use it your taking your own life in your hands. 9 times out of 10 the metal fails on the first or second use and drops the jeep. Go with american metal or nothing at all when it comes to stuff like that.

what I mean is I have to keep this street legal! So I will have to find something else in a year or 2 that I can really go all out with.

As for the jack, I am picking it up in a local store friday. Its a High Lift.

Installing on Saturday, got a light bar with some fog and driving lights mostly for road use, I swear I cant see anything at night. I am sure I will use it on the trail once in a while.
Back to top Go down
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 3:09 am

wow another parkville jeeper!! cool. if you need any help with your ZJ let me know, ive owned ,lifted,and wheeled 3 of them. also if you need parts i still have some left over im not using, including some rock sliders.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 12:17 pm

High Lift jacks are the most dangerous tool i own......FYI
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 12:39 pm

x2 on that. Ive seen a couple of people get real smashed up using them. To be honest to use it safely always expect it to fail and take the necesary percautions to keep yourself from getting smashed to death or a jaw broken.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:03 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
x2 on that. Ive seen a couple of people get real smashed up using them. To be honest to use it safely always expect it to fail and take the necesary percautions to keep yourself from getting smashed to death or a jaw broken.

x3
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:51 pm

nice to know Sad

well they sent me a sport lift kit and I have the grand Cherokee.

Now I gotta deal with that exchange.

and timberwolf, I would love to buy those rock sliders off u, how much?
Back to top Go down
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:53 am

PM sent! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first jeep   Just got my first jeep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my first jeep
Page 1 of 1