Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

RC Nov 10th

Go down 
+10
timberwolf
connordanny
rockdw72
The Devil Dog
jealos-z
S h a n e
lloyder05
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
md4wheelin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:14 pm

All right I fixed the problem with the coils falling out, the craked track bar mount, and made the last of the tube doors. So other then some more fender trimming to fit the wheel spacers I should be good to go for next weekend. Who will be heading up next saturday and what times?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 2:05 am

I'll be going up on fri night late and staying til sunday.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm heading up saturday and then either heading home saturday night or staying for sunday. Not sure at the moment.
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Headed up Sat. Morning
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:39 pm

I think I will be heading up sat morning also. I don't need to be cracking to many beers open the night before with you all king As for sat night it will be touch and go. I will have to see if I have a babysitter for my daughter. If I do let the games begin 7

As for sat morning I saw that they want us their by 7:30, 8:00 so i'll probly be passing tom's around 5 or so so I can stop at the goose for a bite to eat.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 3:12 pm

looks like there will be 3 different courses for each class this weekend. they want everyone to be ready and belted in while the person ahead of them is starting the couse to keep things moving.
Back to top Go down
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-11-02

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:12 pm

ill be there friday at some undetermined hotel. if people are camping out i may swing by and unload my junk that night so i dont have to do it in the morning Razz

for the most part ill be wheeling with the krawlers
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:03 pm

Most of the hotels are full now. some of them set aside rooms that can only be sold through the .com sites.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:54 pm

We are heading up Sat morning and camping Sat nite Hoping to drink a few or more than a few sat nite lol! gona have to do something to stay warm my buddy may bring his parents motorhome not sur yet if not we in back of truck
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:28 pm

My boss wants me to stay and work the sales floor, " I don't think so" So after I return on Monday I may be looking for another Job. They don't understand that by keeping me happy with 4 wheeling , they benefit from my sales efforts greatly. What'swrong with these people? scratch

I will be there Friday night and Saturday, If anyone want to share space in the room, NO SPONNING! cover half the cost. Bring your sleeping bag.

I think if our members staying at the hotel have an extra bed, they may considere sharing the room and spend half the cost! ust an idea. Also, if you call the Comfort Inn, ask to speak with MEL directly, see if she can help you with a room there or else where. Just take care of her some how, she works hard at earning our business.

Last edited by on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 am

anyone decide that they are camping friday night. waking up to be up there by 7 is to early.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:04 am

rockdw72 wrote:
anyone decide that they are camping friday night. waking up to be up there by 7 is to early.

asdyuysigidfdjbisd
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am

hey I am lazy
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:02 am

Yeah I'm planning on heading up Saturday morning and then hanging out for comp and then heading home. I will be in the WJ.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:23 pm

All competitors this weekend,

I was just speaking with Bruce who is away from the computer for the day and asked me to post. There is much concern about the weather for this weekend, and the effect the snow could have on the courses and scoring. An executive decision has been made, if an avalanche occurrs and knocks a cone over, it will NOT be a 10 point penalty and the cone will be re-set! Snow will be treated like any other natural terrain. Now, if a spotter rolls a large snow ball into a hole, trying to build a bridge and the snow ball hits the cone, that will be a 10 point penalty. Also, if the driver and spotter choose to have a snowball fight while on course, and a thrown snowball strikes a cone, the team will be assessed a 10 point penalty. Hitting a judge with a snowball could mean disqualification, depending on the judge, that is their call.

For any others who are concerned about the snow coming in, we do have a limitted number of avalanche beacons on hand and would be happy to give a quick instruction on how they are used, that way no vehicle should be lost in a drift. These are the same beacons used in back country skiing and mountaineering. We want to make sure everyone stays safe and gets home. We don't need to loose anyone this weekend in the deep snow.

Safe drive to all, and see you on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Signals you can used to benefit on the comp course   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:19 pm

I am posting a set of signals that should be easier to remember and become universal to the trails or in this case the comp course.

As you are looking at the spotter:

1) Spotter: left hand palm open flat and the right hand in a fist with the thumb up means your differential is cought on something on the left side on the vehicle. Switch the same motion with the right hand flat means the right side of the vehicle.

2) Spotter; left hand facing inboard toward the other hand ,and the right hand with the palm side towards the spotter chest means your diff is smashing onto a rock or obsticle.

3) Spotter; Left (what ever hand)hand finger pointed toward the driver flat and the right hand in a fist facing down knockles towards the flat hand side means your tires are hitting the face of an obsticle.

4) Spotter: Both hands flat palms facing each other in the angle of the direction the driver is to go, be it right or left.

5) Spoter: right hand in a fist with the arm bend at the elbow in an up and down repeated motion means to hammer the pedal with great speed. (get moving)

6) STOP universal signal.

7) Spotter showing four fingers up, means get into 4 WD, tow finger up switch to 2WD.

Invertate palms in a cup form bound tightly mean turn in the direction shown as tight as possible.

9) both hands invertate on each side of the face means impossible approach or I don't know! LOL

10) Backing up; 2 Taps on the shoulder in the directions you want to instruct the driver to back up intio. If backing straight then tap your butt and move back a foot.

These should help you understand the hand signals I would most likely use.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:22 pm

11) Spotter: Put your right hand "in" and you shake it all about means spotter is doing the Hokie-Pokie
lol!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:22 pm

LOL 9
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:15 pm

The Devil Dog wrote:
I am posting a set of signals that should be easier to remember and become universal to the trails or in this case the comp course.

As you are looking at the spotter:

1) Spotter: left hand palm open flat and the right hand in a fist with the thumb up means your differential is cought on something on the left side on the vehicle. Switch the same motion with the right hand flat means the right side of the vehicle.

2) Spotter; left hand facing inboard toward the other hand ,and the right hand with the palm side towards the spotter chest means your diff is smashing onto a rock or obsticle.

3) Spotter; Left (what ever hand)hand finger pointed toward the driver flat and the right hand in a fist facing down knockles towards the flat hand side means your tires are hitting the face of an obsticle.

4) Spotter: Both hands flat palms facing each other in the angle of the direction the driver is to go, be it right or left.

5) Spoter: right hand in a fist with the arm bend at the elbow in an up and down repeated motion means to hammer the pedal with great speed. (get moving)

6) STOP universal signal.

7) Spotter showing four fingers up, means get into 4 WD, tow finger up switch to 2WD.

Invertate palms in a cup form bound tightly mean turn in the direction shown as tight as possible.

9) both hands invertate on each side of the face means impossible approach or I don't know! LOL

10) Backing up; 2 Taps on the shoulder in the directions you want to instruct the driver to back up intio. If backing straight then tap your butt and move back a foot.

These should help you understand the hand signals I would most likely use.

Razz Razz Razz good luck with that list.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:21 pm

Hey don't knock it, if you got a better idea, let's hear it! It's something to create a universal sign.
Back to top Go down
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 7:31 pm

id like to suggest some spotter signs ...
asdyuysigidfdjbisd - your broke... stop what your doing!!

cheers - ... and its good! keep going...

mbn - hit the gas! it will be ok... trust me!

9 - that was awesome! youre the man!

scratch - ummmm... your time to get the winch out!

sdsfhhgdigdhfo - i think you can! i think you can!!

but i would absolutly not reccomend edffwfas or jjjjjjjjjjj as spotting signs!

sorry... felt the need for a little humor... lol!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:31 am

The Devil Dog wrote:
Hey don't knock it, if you got a better idea, let's hear it! It's something to create a universal sign.

Okay you asked for it. lol!

Good communication between the driver and the spotter is the first and most important thing. Second since there is normally only one driver there should ONLY BE ONE SPOTTER!!!!!! The rest will workout. Special signs only work if both spotter and driver know the signs and why would you need them if your in eye sight of each other and talking. The spotter should be focused on everything around the rig and the path that it is on. Good planning, picking a line with the driver is another must, that way you see and understand what the driver wants to do and what they are comfortable with. Many people lose track that its the driver that is in control and the spotter is just help to see and get thru the hard spots. There you have it "my better idea" 8

Oh and spotting hard trails is something that not all are good at. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:32 am

hehehehe, this is turned into a funny subject. You are right spotter and driver need to have an understanding up front and study the properline to take, but to learn hand signals is also good, for those times that noise over ride the hearing levels of the spotter.

We have been training members on spotting in directly by the way a lotof us do things and that is good. We all have the same goal, navigate the trail with the minimal damage and the best line. Good input Nester.

We all need to keep an open mind to new ways of doing things, thus ninlearning is where we all get better at it.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

RC Nov 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Nov 10th   RC Nov 10th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:20 am

you forgot these

jocolor kiss my ass i'm doing the best I can your jeep just sucks

4 this is for when tico runs you into a tree

king f-it your stuck good, time to go get some beer

7 driver concurs

fight you are a bad spotter

spank my jeep is better then yours

monkey wtf

asdasfferrgf insert your favorit spotter here
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool