Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

November 3 and 4 Rausch

Go down 
+6
Allium
The Devil Dog
waldo27
makitupthehardway
md4wheelin
UPNOVER
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

November 3 and 4 Rausch Empty
PostSubject: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 8:15 pm

Here is a a few pictures from the weekend. I just downloaded them all.. I will do the videos later.. Too tired now..

Alot of Chris on the comp course and the pics dont do justice...

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/YU2IC9mj
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 pm

great pics, question though don't you get worried about being to top heavy with all that stuff on to your xj? I can tell the difference with which passengers I have in the jeep when I lean. So I can just imagine putting rack, spare, ect on top the rig.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:10 pm

From a spotters view its not so bad. It only leans really hard when he has the wheel turned hard or on a steep hill side. It does well because i think that the wieght on the rack is centered and not over done.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:15 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
great pics, question though don't you get worried about being to top heavy with all that stuff on to your xj? I can tell the difference with which passengers I have in the jeep when I lean. So I can just imagine putting rack, spare, ect on top the rig.

I have been looking for a rear tire carrier that will work with my setup.. I really dont want to cut the rear tube bumper I have now so I have to find something compatible..

I am going to invest in coil overs very soon.. I currently have fox air shocks and it moves back and forth too much being linked front and rear.. It gets pretty scarry on off camber situations. Even with the custom anti rock it still needs coil overs..
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:23 pm

That was some good wheeling all in all. Steve at driveline will be happy to see me with my broken driveshafts. maybe he can get me a deal since I'm bringing him two to work on this time. Tina your doing good driving in time you will be a pro. Chris thanks for following for the fun on trail 5 sorry I busted my rear drive shaft so early in the day. Matt sorry we left you out I dont deal well with traffic I took a easy out so i could be a happy rabbit well the day was okay for what it was. See you guys at comp next weekend.8
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 11:09 pm

Nester, Its all good.. Thats what I get for getting up front with no exits.. i had a really good time this weekend even with the short days of actual wheeling time.. The trail cutting was a good time even in the cold..

Now I have to figure out how to get those calipers up out of the way..for Tina's rig..LOL...

I challenged her to make it through the rock garden without breakin and the xj is her's..I guess I will be nice and let her have it and order up that 4 seater chassis.. Man, the things we do for these women....

See you all Saturday...
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: videos   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:07 am

Gills hill climb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85aZ0tUXVg

Tom's first hill climb... I didnt have the camera ready when he stood the yj straight up.. that would of been a awesome video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JyHOxBivZw

Mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOOBqPe_6io
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:22 am

i have another leaking axle seal (passenger front) im wondering if it would be easyer to take the skid's off and take it back to the dealer or do it myself all and all great weekend had a blast
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 3:15 am

OK, here is my contribution of the weekend
http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/UE5jA5gg
Thanks guys for the great time and for the help getting back on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:31 am

well if you have to take the skid off and hassel with it like that I would do it myself might be a good time to learn a little more about your rig.
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:59 am

will i need any special tools or a press?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:08 am

not sure for a Dana 44 but I would do a search for a how to and see what it says.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:24 am

Hey Tico - can you start a popst on the meetup site and I'll up load my pics. Not crazy about trying to do a comcast show, I always have a hard time loading them and half the time I end up not viewing them
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:38 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
That was some good wheeling all in all. Steve at driveline will be happy to see me with my broken driveshafts. maybe he can get me a deal since I'm bringing him two to work on this time. Tina your doing good driving in time you will be a pro. Chris thanks for following for the fun on trail 5 sorry I busted my rear drive shaft so early in the day. Matt sorry we left you out I dont deal well with traffic I took a easy out so i could be a happy rabbit well the day was okay for what it was. See you guys at comp next weekend.8

No worries about breaking Nester. It gave me a great chance to go practice on the comp course. I can't thank you and Matt enough for all the advice and pointers during the practice. Thanks to your better halfs for siiting in the cold while we practiced 7 Matt, thanks for the pics!@See you all this weekend at the comp.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 pm

a seal puller would make it easier but not needed, just find anything that will pull the seal that won't scratch the mounting sufface. for dana axles they say that you should use a case spreader but a pry bar to get the carrier out and a dead blow to get it back in will work also. just make sure that if the shims aren't pressed in with the bearings to keep the shims on the correct side and don't mess them up on the way back in. It sounds a lot harder then it is.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Allium wrote:
Hey Tico - can you start a popst on the meetup site and I'll up load my pics. Not crazy about trying to do a comcast show, I always have a hard time loading them and half the time I end up not viewing them
OK, I will do that soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 5:43 pm

And they are in there!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:23 pm

looks like you guys had a great time I hope to get out again soon. Tico how many 35 axles have you collected lol! you need at least one for each trip.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:41 pm

yeah, I was thinking you could learn to weld and assemble the broken shafts into a respectable yard art statue titled "ode to jeep".
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:02 pm

Tico,
You got some really good pic's.. I wont let Tina try to run you over anymore...

You got the one of Emily 3 wheeling that I missed..

Great job.. sdsfhhgdigdhfo

I was able to save the photo's off of the photoshow and print them... Thats a nice feature..

We need to run that Black line those two jeeps were running.. Well maybe after the coilovers!!!! 9
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:31 pm

put a sway bar on, it will be cheaper. And you you won't have to fiddle with all the different springs to get the right rate. Are you haveing trouble with the shocks heating up or just the sway.

edit: never mind I didn't read all of the thread. I am a asdyuysigidfdjbisd. Have you tried adjusting the antirock or you can change up the rate of the shocks.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: re   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 pm

November 3 and 4 Rausch Copyof10

I think I am alittle past the sway bar point!!!!

The weight of the vehicle being linked front and rear is too much for the air shocks... I have been speaking to alot of guys including the guy who designed the anti rock and coil overs is the best route.. Its just alot of money for the ones I need..

But I will be able to sell the Fox 2.5 16" and recover alittle of the $$$$.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:30 pm

Quote :
I think I am alittle past the sway bar point!!!!

but you have sway bars, just adjust them.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:40 pm

I do agree that coil overs are better but there shouldn't be any reason why you can't tune your suspension and get the out come you want. but at the same time you have more experience with them then I do.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:45 pm

rockdw72 wrote:
but you have sway bars, just adjust them.

You are not going to adjust that much.. Its linked front and rear..Have you ever been in a rig linked front and rear with just air shocks? My buggy was the same way.. Its a great setup for articulation but on off camber situations its horrible.. Why do you think buggy's run winches front and rear when they run air shocks?

A buggy is fine to run this setup but with the weight of the xj its too much..

I have a deal working for the new Rancho coilovers. Im going to try them..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 3 and 4 Rausch   November 3 and 4 Rausch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

November 3 and 4 Rausch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next