Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Happy birthday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Happy birthday Empty
PostSubject: Happy birthday   Happy birthday Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:41 am

I realize some will be on the trails tomorrow so i wanted to say Happy Birthday early!

"On November 10, 1775, the Continental Congress passed a resolution stating that "two battalions of Marines be raised" for service as landing forces with the fleet. This established the Continental Marines and marked the birth of the United States Marine Corps. Serving on land and at sea, early Marines distinguished themselves in a number of important operations, including their first amphibious raid on foreign soil in the Bahamas in March 1776, under the command of the Corps’ first commandant, Capt. Samuel Nicholas. The 1783 Treaty of Paris ended the Revolutionary War and as the last of the Navy’s ships were sold, the Continental Navy and Marines disbanded.

Following the formal re-establishment of the Marine Corps on July 11, 1798, Marines fought in conflicts with France, landed in Santo Domingo and conducted operations against the Barbary pirates along the "Shores of Tripoli......."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/history.htm
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Happy birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday   Happy birthday Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:27 pm

I am proud of you for the research you have done....Uuuurrraahhh! Way to go. Thank you nice compliment, Damn I look good for 232 years old....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr

Happy birthday
Page 1 of 1