Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

How about this clubs direction?

Go down 
+9
CamoK5
rockdw72
Allium
mdcj7
Chris Taylor
Rockn93YJ
UPNOVER
makitupthehardway
The Devil Dog
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 6:42 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
UPNOVER wrote:

The Rausch trail cutting had nothing to do with benefiting Rausch. I went because I wanted to get involved. The point I was making was that if we get together and do some of the things other groups do to make 4 wheeling a better sport than that helps the 4 wheeling community and gets our club involved.

I totaly agree with you on this part. I'm just disagreeing with you on how the club should be run thats all. I think we should have a semi mandatory meeting one friday or saturday night in the near future so everyone can discuss this and come to a conclusion on what direction the club is going to head in. Second thought we can kill to birds with one stone and make it a x-mas party also 7

Im all in..I WILL EVEN GET FIRST ROUND FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS PARTICIPATED IN THIS DISCUSSION UP TO THIS POST .. THAT INCLUDES SHOTS!!! I believe there might be discussion on having a Christmas party in the near future.. Lets just put a limit on how long the discussion shall last so that we dont cut into our drinking time.. king

No one says everyone has to agree!!!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 8:26 pm

hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh Ladies and gentleman, the first thing you need to understand is that this is a private club with public interest. What does this mean? I founded this club to organize a group of friends into a club, that through our doctrine enable people to be responsive to the needs of the other guy or gal on the trails. As a club we have done a fantastic job of that and my expectations have gone beyond what I ever hope to achieve. The club guideline where establish as a guide flexible and with common sense thinking. I remember not long ago people would be saying “who these guys Maryland Rock Raiders”, today we are respected, sought after and looked up to our perseverance in staying a club. Those clubs that looked down at us, made fun of us are no longer around as a club; they have folded up and like a wind blew away. Yet we remain. When I applied for membership to the Mid-Atlantic FWDA, I was voted not qualified! Today I am the Vice president for that Association. Did it happen by accident, not, did it happend by choice, most probable and by experience. Our collective concerns for one another and even those we don’t know has really been the catalyst of the club. We are fun, we are flexible and we are not demanding nor are we to proud to help a new enthusiast. I do not believe in voting a person into the club for that very reason, it kills the persons hope, desire and drive to belong to something that they have in common with us already. While we do have to place some restrictions, they are there for legal reason only. I can not afford a legal battle for something I can prevent up front. 18 or older to join, on my introductory of the club, I mention that we are a 90% Jeep club and 10% other. Why did I do that? Because our collective mechanical aptitude is best on Jeeps, we carry most of the tools we need for them and they are easier to repair in the field.

We have met, worked with and welcome to the club some fantastic people, that if it had not been for the fact they rode with us, they would have never known us. Having said that we have been published in several magazines, we are known from Connecticut to Florida from the Eastern Shore to Washington State, and we continue to grow in areas not measurable by the members count. Now, who was running this club and how commitment did it take? Will the club proposed leadership have the same commitment ? Can they make timely desicions and not have to wait for a meeting or vote. Timely and decisive desicions are made at a snap of a finger. Can we afford to procrastinate to the last minutes to decide. Folks, I began this club with 7 people, but none of the other 6 made any efrfort to make this club rise to what it is today, except they did refer people to me to recruit, and look at us now 73 members strong and still growing. We average about a 20 to 30 % attrition per year that is expectred. Everyone has been met directly or indirectly by me and I only had to say no to two people since March 2004. That is 2 people that could not function with our profile. Many have come and gone, and those that have stepped aside have learned from us, some began their own small clubs, or they have had life changing moments. Some have returned to the club and are very active.

I do not mind endorsing a board of officer to run this club in fact I welcome it. I don’t mind giving up the President seat, as long as those who want to step up keep in mind that this is a community of enthusiasts that enjoy the unity and comradeship we share. I do not want to force anyone to make a meeting or the likes., I want to keep our unique recruitment ways. People join to have fun, if they want to run for an office I admire them and welcome their support, if they want to take us to the next level, I look forward to that. But under no circumstances will I ever allow this club to fail in its primary mission; to promote the sport in the best light and foster an off road brotherhood.

I agree that some times we need directors for the different areas that we cover North, East, South and West. We need a better meet and greet event to know who we are and what the heck we look like outside of the dirty dugs we wear or driving our Jeeps. You know when someone asks me about the club I am proud to tell them our beginnings and they appreciate it. I tell them how and why we got started, and they relate to it.

I hear a lot of talk, a lot of planning and a lot of great things goals. There was the matter of the Big Dogs date conflicting with the ADA. If you believe strongly in our cause you would not have thought about it in a selfish manner. Yet I did not frown on that, you guys did what you wanted to do, I carried out my plans for the ADA, we all enjoyed each activity as appropriate, and in fact we doubled the efforts with less people, an admirable accomplishment. My date was already established and committed; I could not have changed the date just to accommodate the wishes of a few. I can see that this will continue to be a thorn in my butt.

Unfortunately, no one can think like I do, see beyond what I see or plan as far ahead as I do. But please, prove me wrong! This is my club, and I have welcomed you to share in our accomplishments. Everything I do is for the betterment of the club. This club is an extension of me and my aspirations to belong to something great! We can move mountains or if not, we can drive over them!

Now that is my quarter!3

I encourage all the members to be heard! Talk in this subject to your hearts content. This is call communicating ideas, possible changes and airing out. Give it to me babe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:34 pm

[quote="The Devil Dog"]hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh
There was the matter of the Big Dogs date conflicting with the ADA. If you believe strongly in our cause you would not have thought about it in a selfish manner. ... My date was already established and committed; I could not have changed the date just to accommodate the wishes of a few. I can see that this will continue to be a thorn in my butt.

The big dogs issue goes much deeper than just the date. We knew in March when the big dogs event was which was plenty of time to adjust the ada date. not for selfish reasons but insead I believe if we are gonna do this we are gonna do it right. that means set the date for when it has the best chance for success(how about diabetes awareness month?) and that means not when you have 200 vehicles attending big dogs. The date was only set at RC and wasn't announced to anyone else when you knew the big dogs date. Also in the "do it right" category is what the board discussed about spreading a list of 4x4 companies among the board to contact early in the year for donations before they made their annual commitment quota. That was never done either. If we are going to half ass the planning and just show up then I don't want to sit there and look like an ass being a board member and not knowing what is going on. This event could have been HUGE! Instead with one person doing the planning the whole event is dependent on the success of one person acting on behalf of the club.

Unfortunately, no one can think like I do, see beyond what I see or plan as far ahead as I do. But please, prove me wrong! This is my club, and I have welcomed you to share in our accomplishments. Everything I do is for the betterment of the club. This club is an extension of me and my aspirations to belong to something great! We can move mountains or if not, we can drive over them!

"Joe said that a board is not necessary and you salute that with a beer but then you say that board needs more power..."

What I saluted was his point about a board without power being pointless. He hit the nail on the head.

Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:14 am

"Joe said that a board is not necessary and you salute that with a beer but then you say that board needs more power..."

What I saluted was his point about a board without power being pointless. He hit the nail on the head

Ok.......
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:23 am

To get back to the original subject i dont think suzuki needs a separate club it's Maryland Rock Raiders 4x4 club not Maryland Rock Raiders jeep club plus once you do it for suzuki you'll have people with blazer's wanting there own club then people with bronco's etc. etc. how bout we just recruit people with vehicles other that jeep's

Quoting Matt:
Im all in..I WILL EVEN GET FIRST ROUND FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS PARTICIPATED IN THIS DISCUSSION UP TO THIS POST .. THAT INCLUDES SHOTS!!! I believe there might be discussion on having a Christmas party in the near future.. Lets just put a limit on how long the discussion shall last so that we dont cut into our drinking time.. king

that's not fair you left work before me
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:39 am

Good arguments and your right, the previous board was not given a fair shake, I guess I was not ready to give up the driving wheel. But I also saw how the lead was heading wrong. I am always open to change, as long as it does not change the primary goal or the structure of recruiting members.
Let's talk more about this, we are all learning, eventually this club will be self govern and I look forward to that. I think some people let power go to their heads and over step the boundaries or their intent.
I did hear you guys and so I made the changes for next year and moved the date a week later. Providing for Big Dogs on the week I thought would work for the ADA.
As for the one man show, we did turn out a great event and donation even doubled the results. Yes, it could have been better planned and even supported, a few meetings for this type of thing are needed, but it's difficult to select a place mutual to all to meet other than the park. I am all ears for recommendations, meeting locations and dates to hold them in.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:52 am

Progress.... Progress... Progress...

mbn 9 cheers sdsfhhgdigdhfo king
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:04 am

to get involved a bit here, the rock raiders club i thought to already be a club for all types of vehicles ( zuki's ,jeeps, geo,s etc...)and if the club did have a scheduled meeting regularly, then i am sure i would be able to attend occasionally. like most other people. and with 70+ members, if they all came occasionally, that would be a fairly good response BESIDES IT WOULD GIVE ME A REASON TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND ENJOY SOME ROCK RAIDER COMPANIONSHIP. king
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:36 pm

If Matt buys the first I will buy the second round. Thanks guys Matt, Bill, Joe,Tico, Von and everyone that has put input.

As far as having a board it can be as formal or informal as well want it to be. Joe had a great idea. Not to have a board but to have a round table. Make so that no one man is greater than the group that we make together. That should be in the bylaws of the club. Developing a board could be held off to see how this system works and a quarterly meeting can be held to disicuss club issues and those that make it can make a point to reach out to those that couldn't make it inform then and keep them in the loop. I have alot more to say but I need to take some time to review everything here and comment more on it later. I think that what we have here is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Congratulations Nester!   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 2:37 pm

You have hit the nail in the head. By GOD, I think you have just broken the key to my goal in leardership:

"No one man is greater than the group that we make together"

The round table effect is excellent! Everyone has an in put; everyone can collaborate with each other to develop the best course of action for the club. United in the same direction and sticking together as trail brothers is paramount to our cause. We are after all pioneers in this new type of leadership structure for clubs like this. This can change the stuck up attitude felt by new members at other clubs, braking power hungry and the anarchy types. My hat is off to you for seeing the future I in vision. On that note, I will buy the third Round!
Now should we select a location appropriate for our meeting? I for one wouldn’t mind holding it at McGerk’s in Bel Air, MD.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Man we are going to be doing very well if everyone keeps offering to buy a round.. Come on guys I like this idea..

By the way.. We already started the round table with all the comments that have been thrown out there.. Now we just need to meet and work them out...

This shows that not everyone is going to agree but with discussion there can be benefit to our madness... Thanks Bill, Joe and everyone that has commented and brought out ideas and opinions that are not always seen...

queen
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 8:58 pm

1. We are "The Rock Raiders" and that includes all off road enthusiasts. So in my opinion, like many others who have commented, there is no need for another division for "The Zuki's". " A common brotherhood"

2. I support the round table idea as well. 9

3. We already have a monthly club run the second weekend of every month which everybody knows about and turns out a good number of rigs each time. So in my opinion if we have a set date quarterly for round table discussions, the attendence would be pretty good since it would be a set date and everyone could plan for it.

4. Round #4 king for the round table meeting is on me 7
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:43 pm

now I think were starting to get our act together so I've got the 5th round then 7 Looks like were going to be having a good time at this x-mas party. Though for this meeting we should come up with a list of stuff ahead of time that will be decided on.

two main things I can think of will be

1. membership
I think that their should be a requirment of attending one meeting or a trail ride before being able to join this way people can get to know the person.

2. meetings
I think we should have one bimonthly and should be a required that you attend at least 3 of those a year. Also that it should move locations making easier for different people to attend.

As for meeting place for this meeting i'm up for anywere as long as its something central for everyone. Bel- air may be a little north for va people but as long as they dont mind mcgerks is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:49 pm

There are a couple of places in the area that I'm sure I could crash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about this clubs direction?   How about this clubs direction? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about this clubs direction?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free At Last :: General 4x4 discussion-
Jump to: