Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Dana 44 steering setup?

Go down 
+3
Locked_N_Loaded
rockdw72
makitupthehardway
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Dana 44 steering setup? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana 44 steering setup?   Dana 44 steering setup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:52 am

Yeah I just need to figure which MC is a good swap. I read a write up on the pirate that a guy used a MC out of a 86' E350 van. I seemed fairly simple of a swap. Little bit of triming to make it fit and mounting new fittings. I think I'm going to look in to this more see if I can find more options. Any one with info please share.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dana 44 steering setup?   Dana 44 steering setup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:10 am

I ended up using a 99 dodge MC. just had to extend the push rod and new fittings
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dana 44 steering setup?   Dana 44 steering setup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:24 pm

I finally got started on the swap. I never thought that buying and house and work would keep me away from working on the jeep for so long. I think working on my jeep at Bill's house got me going. I have removed the Dana 30 this past sunday and cleaned everything up and the last two days Ryan and myself have been working on putting the front end together. So far the locker gears axle shafts hubs and rotors have been asembled along with the knuckles and high steer arms. Tomorrow we plan on mounting the new stock leaf springs for the spring over and doing a test fit to take the last numbers to measure the tie rod and drag link. Pictures to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana 44 steering setup?   Dana 44 steering setup? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dana 44 steering setup?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2