Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Kaena Point Hawaii

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male
Number of posts : 47
Emploi : US Army
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:54 pm

Ok, so here goes my first attempt at posting pictures.

We have a place called Kaena Point where we do most of our wheeling. Not too extreme, but still alot of fun. Last week we had a really bad storm that dumped almost two feet of rain on the island. We decided to take advantage of the rain and go check out the mud at K-Point. The only way in is to go through a "puddle" that is anywhere from 6 inches to 6 feet deep! I managed to make it through alright, but I did not go through the deep section. I stuck to the 4 foot deep area and was able to keep the water out of the air box.

Whlie we were there, a guy in a white Jeep came up and asked us if we could pull his buddy out of a hole. This guy thought he could go through a HUGE hole in a stock Chevy 4x4! It was ugly. We had to tie two Jeeps off as anchors for the Jeep with the winch, and even then we barely got him out. He had to be towed to the paved road and then called a tow truck to get him home. He learned the hard way that water and engines don't mix!

Well, here is the link for the pics. Enjoy!

https://servimg.com/images.php?cat_id=1
Back to top Go down
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 pm

link doesnt work on my end....
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:31 am

You posted the link for the website itself. Once you loaded the picture the screen should of come up with a couple links. I think its the second or third link down.. It should tell you its for posting on websites..
Back to top Go down
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Sorry guys. Guess I'm not that tech-savvy yet. I'll get it fixed soon.
Back to top Go down
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:42 am

Ok, round two. Hope this works. A few of the pics are from earlier runs. My camera crapped out during my last run, so I borrowed a few from a run in August.

This is the entrance "puddle". This is the only way into the area.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointpuddle

This was a new member in an 06 Rubi. She only had about 800 miles on it. She got a little more than she bargained for. She made it through, but she soaked the carpet, seats, and herself up to her waist!
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointpuddle2

The guy on the right owns the Super Taco (2007 Tacoma) and learned the hard way how not to through the entrance. He sucked a rather large amount of water into his intake and had to throw out his air filter. That's me on the left.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointlee

This was on the way back out. That Jeep has 8 inches of lift on 37 inch tires. This puddle is no joke!
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointpuddle3

One of the many ruts and washouts that are fun to play in.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointrut

Poser Rock
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointraven

The Green Stomper on Poser Rock. This little rig will go anywhere. Mucho respect for the little Zuki's.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointfred

This is Washout Bridge. Years ago there used to be a railroad that went all the way around the island. This is one of the few remnants of it.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointwashout

Coming up the backside of Washout Bridge. Very steep and you need to make a sharp turn just before the top.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointwashout2

Some mud holes we found. This one is called Heartbreak Hole.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointstomper

This one is right next to Heartbreak. We call it Lockers Lane. He tried and tried and tried, but in the end had to get pulled out.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointmuddy

This is the guy that we had to pull out. About 1/2 an hour earlier the Stomper actually made it through this hole.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointstuck

My Raven after a hard day's muddin. Took me a loooooong time to get her clean...ish.
Kaena Point Hawaii Kpointdirtyraven

This was from our last Meet-n-Greet. About 60 members showed up and had a lot of fun.
Kaena Point Hawaii KpointOJ
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Sweet pics. Not many can say they and wheeled on a island in the middle of the pacific
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:28 am

Very nice pics. Thanks for getting them up. Look as sunny as I remember, from my last visit there. That mud hole is something else....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:40 pm

It was actually about a foot deeper when that green samuri (above) went through it. He actually lost contact with the bottom and floated across.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kaena Point Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaena Point Hawaii   Kaena Point Hawaii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaena Point Hawaii
Page 1 of 1