Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Cape hatteras national seashore help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Cape hatteras national seashore help Empty
PostSubject: Cape hatteras national seashore help   Cape hatteras national seashore help Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:03 am

Many of us view the opportunity to drive on the beach at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore Recreational Area as a real treat. Your input is desperately needed. Please see the message from Mike Metzgar below and act.

Thanks!

~Keith Holman
MAFWDA President
CORE Member

----- Original Message -----
To: Mike Metzgar
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 8:19 PM
Subject: Urgent Letter from Jim Keene, NCBBA President....Your help is needed!

Jim Keene, President January 1, 2008

NCBBA

Dear Members:

I have tried to keep you informed of the progress or lack there of for Negotiated Rulemaking that is taking place to guide the NPS in formulating ORV regulations needed for Cape Hatteras National Seashore Recreational Area. The first "official" meetings of the committee are scheduled for January 3-4, 2008. If successful during the next 2 or more years the committee members will formulate recommendations palatable to all parties involved, including the NPS. If we are not successful the NPS will write these regulations with or without our input.

While the committee formulates acceptable recommendations, the NPS will, as required by NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act), develop the final ORV Management Plan for our seashore. As required by NEPA the NPS must involve the general public through a series of public meetings and by accepting written comments from all interested citizens. (WORKBOOK)

Are you interested in the future of Cape Hatteras National Seashore Recreational Area?

The NPS has released a workbook to be completed by the public as a means to be heard during these critical times. You must obtain this workbook either on-line at

http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkID=358&projectId=10641&documentID=21567

or .by attending a scheduled public meeting. This workbook has 84 pages----don't let it intimidate you! (I guarantee the environmentalists will fill them out by the hundreds.) The questions are multiple choice with space to enter your personal comments. You don't have to write letters or give speeches. Work on it as your time allows but be sure it is returned via US mail or internet by January 31, 2008.

The swords are drawn, the fight is on and you must decide to join us or walk away. Please help us maintain our rights of access to our National Seashore.

Sincerely,

Jim Keene, President

NCBBA

JKEENE@franklineq.com
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Cape hatteras national seashore help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cape hatteras national seashore help   Cape hatteras national seashore help Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Please everyone take a little time to put some effort in to this. It will go a long way and its is worth fighting for. Sorry beach driving for me is a important part of my summer fun. I tend to go 3-5 times a year. Please take action.
Back to top Go down

Cape hatteras national seashore help
Page 1 of 1