Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Adjusting rear pinion angle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Adjusting rear pinion angle Empty
PostSubject: Adjusting rear pinion angle   Adjusting rear pinion angle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:54 pm

When Joe and I were finishing the 8.8 we saw that the drive shaft pinched alittle at full rear droop. Now that I am thinking about it, I should be able to adjust that by making the upper control arms longer to push it back thus raising the angel right? Or am I thinking of that backwards? what else would I need to adjust?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting rear pinion angle   Adjusting rear pinion angle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Your on the right path. If you want to clock the pinion angle up make the upper arms longer and down you make them shorter. How does the pinion angle look while its on flat ground. if it looks good leave it alone the only time you get full droop from both tires are on a lift or if you jump it.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting rear pinion angle   Adjusting rear pinion angle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Your right it is fine on flat ground, I am just a worrier with all the stuff I have broke so I thought I will ask. I'll leave it for now and adjust later if required.

Thanks Nester
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting rear pinion angle   Adjusting rear pinion angle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:33 pm

if you wanted to push the angle up you would adjust the upper arms out. but the pay off would be that you have the wierd angled springs again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting rear pinion angle   Adjusting rear pinion angle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adjusting rear pinion angle
Page 1 of 1