Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male
Number of posts : 120
Emploi : CNC Machinist
Registration date : 2008-08-13

BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Empty
PostSubject: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 am

yea on my way to the cook out i thought it be fun to go thru some big puddles. well it was fun till i want to far and to fast there was a little drop then to grass didnt see it. all i saw was a big tidal wave. then my engine just shut off. i was like driving2 the water was like up half the tire so i didnt think it was to bad. well tryd to start it back up nothing. tried to push out nope not allowed. i sat there for like 10 mn. then went to starter up chhchhcchhhcchhccc motor sounded like there was alott of water, had to push the gas pedal. it was like a hr long process. well got it to run thank god.but was worried it would shut off so i wasnt able to make it to the cook out.Sad

also have no front lights. horn sounds like crap.

but the one problem i have notice is that my engine sounds like a gass mower running out of gas. is that bad?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clark687
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:00 am

Clean the water out of your distributor cap and check to see if your air filter got any water. Let us know from there.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:26 pm

I did that once and ran like crap for awhile. turns out I sucked water down the intake and bent a rod. found out later when said rod broke and the busted the cam, busted a hole in the block and ripped the oil pan in two. hopefully you just got water in the distributer.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:33 pm

from the sound of it you probly sucked water in the motor when the water came over the hood. At that point you should of pulled the plugs and kept turning it over till all the water came out of it. I hate to say this but you better start setting some money aside for a new motor because its probly only a matter of time till it blows up Idea Trust me I know a thing or two about hydro locking a motor, i got my start in four wheeling in the pine barrens which nothing but sand and water as far as you can see. Everytime we would go out we would have one or two motors get locked up. But look on the good side at least you'll be able to upgrade to a 4.0 now.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Yeah cross your fingers and pray you get enough time to figure out what to do before you can it blows up.
Back to top Go down
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male
Number of posts : 120
Emploi : CNC Machinist
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:27 pm

haha i hope it dont blow. that suck
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clark687
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble   BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG WATER PUDDLE= engine trouble
Page 1 of 1