Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Go down 
+3
projblacknblue
makitupthehardway
4pissedsquirrels
7 posters
AuthorMessage
4pissedsquirrels
Open/Open
Open/Open
4pissedsquirrels

Male
Number of posts : 4
Emploi : Union plumber
Registration date : 2008-10-11

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello My name is Jason . I live in essex MD. I first met you guys at RC during your ADA run when my friends rubicon lost a u joint and thanks to tico and eric nestor our trip wasn't ruined and we have a good story to tell about our first time at RC, and thanks again nestor and tico. I drive a green and black tj with 4 pissed squirells under the hood, a 4inch mutt lift and dana44s front and rear with 4:56s and 33" swampers.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Hey Jason good to see you checked our forum out. Welcome to the MRR
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Welcome Jason,

Tico, Nester, and a ton of others (Danny, Bill, Von, Gill, Paul T. and countless others)... there are tons of great people here to help when you need it most.

Hope to see you back at RC soon (mine was the heap at the main tent covered in mud... Tico bailed me out big time to get it home... and it hasn't moved since...)

dfjsksdkfjsd
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
4pissedsquirrels
Open/Open
Open/Open
4pissedsquirrels

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey nestor was the throttel cable the problem on the toyota?
mrjeepy seen your jeep in front of the tent figured you hydrolocked Im glad that i backed out of that hole when it got a little to deep for my likings.
Do most of the mud holes at RC have big rocks in them cause i would at least like to see what i'm bashing my crap against?
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:01 pm

If you stay away from "Frog Hole", "Milk Shake" the left side of the 5ft mud pit, Sunken Treasure, and anything other than the outer rim of Lake Cristy you should be fine! Razz

Those are the deep water/mud areas. Although the water at the bottom of winch hill seemed much deeper over the ADA weekend too for some reason.
Back to top Go down
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male
Number of posts : 120
Emploi : CNC Machinist
Registration date : 2008-08-13

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:14 pm

another 4 banger yeaaaa mbn
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clark687
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:10 pm

4pissedsquirrels wrote:
mrjeepy seen your jeep in front of the tent figured you hydrolocked Im glad that i backed out of that hole when it got a little to deep for my likings.
Do most of the mud holes at RC have big rocks in them cause i would at least like to see what i'm bashing my crap against?

At this rate hydrolocked woulda been an easy fix... at least I would know what to replace... lol... still troubleshooting the problem...

And like Danny said... there are a handful of places to get into trouble... I went into milkshake slow just to check depth first... I think if I had hit it with a bit more speed I woulda made it on my own... and if I worked the steering a bit longer I probably coulda gotten some side traction and crawled out like the first time I got stuck...

But I stopped cause I didn't want to risk snapping a driveshaft or axle shaft/u joint...

If I knew it woulda been the last run for awhile I would have really gone all out... but my wallet appreciates this enough so...

Trust your guides and spotters, they have the knowledge and experience to get you through the park...

Tony
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:39 pm

mrjeepy wrote:
4pissedsquirrels wrote:

At this rate hydrolocked woulda been an easy fix... at least I would know what to replace... lol... still troubleshooting the problem...

And like Danny said... there are a handful of places to get into trouble... I went into milkshake slow just to check depth first... I think if I had hit it with a bit more speed I woulda made it on my own... and if I worked the steering a bit longer I probably coulda gotten some side traction and crawled out like the first time I got stuck...

But I stopped cause I didn't want to risk snapping a driveshaft or axle shaft/u joint...

If I knew it woulda been the last run for awhile I would have really gone all out... but my wallet appreciates this enough so...

Trust your guides and spotters, they have the knowledge and experience to get you through the park...

Tony

Does this mean you want to try it again 9 I wasted one clutch in milkshake and I not sure if I want to try that any time soon.
Back to top Go down
4pissedsquirrels
Open/Open
Open/Open
4pissedsquirrels

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 pm

yea I only went half way in to milkshake and now when I start my jeep she makes a grinding noise like theres sand in the starter or clutch?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:57 pm

4pissedsquirrels wrote:

Yeah its fixed for the moment I need to get a new cable. Frame on the other hand was about to spilt in half.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 pm

There is definately A TON of sand... in fact I don't think it was mud at all...

The tub still has about 1/4" thick of a layer... I won't even talk about the belly pan...

Needless to say the neighborhood kids have been building sand castles around my Heep and I looked like a sea turtle digging out the exhaust and tcase...

And Paul... as soon as I get those 37s on... guess where the first place I am going is... lk

All I am saying is I gave up in the pit since I didn't want to break... had I known it wouldn't have mattered.... I woulda given it hell... lol! 4 4 4 asdasfferrgf
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 pm

4pissedsquirrels wrote:
yea I only went half way in to milkshake and now when I start my jeep she makes a grinding noise like theres sand in the starter or clutch?

Starter is 2 bolts... piece of cake to pull...

Disconnect the ground, 1 bolt (15mm) thru starter into tranny, 1 bolt (9/16") from tranny into starter...

Just hold it with one hand and wrench the other...

comes right out low enough to take off the main wires (13mm I think for the big one, and small one just slid on like a speaker tab).

Clean it all out nice and purdy, and re-assemble...
Back to top Go down
4pissedsquirrels
Open/Open
Open/Open
4pissedsquirrels

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Yea i know what this weekends project is. if i really feel like it i might put my new clutch and flywheel in while I'm at it but i'm just kidding myself but it would be nice to stop looking at the stuff
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Lesson is either stay out of the mud pits or save them for the end of the day. I've seen so many people hydrolock vehicles in those pits. also experienced first hand how even if you make it through the pit there will be so much mud in the radiator that it will be overheating for the rest of the day. And if you do decide to go into the pits at the end of the day, run a snorkel, don't press the clutch and have a strap already hooked to the vehicle so extraction will be quick.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
Lesson is either stay out of the mud pits or save them for the end of the day. I've seen so many people hydrolock vehicles in those pits. also experienced first hand how even if you make it through the pit there will be so much mud in the radiator that it will be overheating for the rest of the day. And if you do decide to go into the pits at the end of the day, run a snorkel, don't press the clutch and have a strap already hooked to the vehicle so extraction will be quick.

hand throttle or stay on the gas

Don't shut off the motor

Don't forget the lucky horseshoe (did all of the above except snorkel, and still had issues... but that's what makes it fun cheers )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE   NEWBIE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1